When's the best time to weigh yourself?

Options
i usually do it once a week in the A.M...

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Choose the same day and time every week. Weigh in the morning after the Loo, but before you eat or drink anything
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Every 30 days first thing in the morning
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do mine at around 6am. I have noticed a weird quirk by doing this. Sometimes if I get up to pee at say 5am, I might also weigh myself because I am impatient. Often I go back to bed and get up at say 6am. Again, I go to the toilet and find that I can be as much as a kilo lighter. The output of going to the toilet does not match the weight loss at all. Interesting enough, I have lots of trouble sleeping and between 5am to 6am is the most restful sleep I get. Do you think there is a link to the sleeping and the odd weight loss ?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I do it on every Sunday morning, right after I've got up and been to the bathroom but before breakfast, and I wear only knickers and my glasses (got to wear the glasses or I can't see the number, ha!).
  • DustoniousMonk
    DustoniousMonk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not firm on the day but usually once a week. If the number doesn't seem right, I weigh myself the next day. Sometimes I just get really bad about checking and don't look for two weeks. What's more important is taking measurements, to me that's always the big omg moment lol.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self every Friday morning. Before my shower.

Same time/day/etc and I go to the gym Monday and Tuesday, kick boxing Wednesday and Thursday so weighing on Friday made sense, after the majority of the weeks exercises and before the weekend where my eating habits go a little wierd.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, in the nude, after using the toilet, before eating or drinking.
  • pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I weigh in right before dinner. It's my worst case scenario on my weight so if I plateau, I can hop on the scale the next morning for an unofficial weigh-in, get a lower morning reading, and find a little comfort and motivation in that.