Nutrition amounts

Options
What is the correct nutritional amount? I have 50 protein /30 fat/20 carb and very hard to do. Trying to lose 10 lbs and tone up for competition

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and your macros will be different based on your goals. Mine for example, are 35/35/30
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The amounts are different for each person. If you are not happy with the amounts MFP set for you, change it by doing the following: Click on MY Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Depends on you, but 50 percent protein is going to be more than you need and challenging for most. What were your goals and concerns when choosing those percentages and if you look at your logs, what are you typically doing instead?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Agree with above

I'm generally over 50% carbs and try to eat at least 100g protein .. the others I don't care about but I think my macros are set to 50C/30P/20F
  • sunshine630813
    sunshine630813 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is this to build muscle or to lose weight
  • sunshine630813
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Depends on you, but 50 percent protein is going to be more than you need and challenging for most. What were your goals and concerns when choosing those percentages and if you look at your logs, what are you typically doing instead?

I am trying to lose 10 pounds than after build muscle
  • sunshine630813
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Everyone is different and your macros will be different based on your goals. Mine for example, are 35/35/30

What are you doing? Maintain or lose ?