Hello from VA

dmbaiken
dmbaiken Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I have had an extremely upheaveled year and my body is a HUGE reminder of it. Thanks to loosing my house, having my husband ask for a seperation and being thrust into single working motherhood and dealing with all the constant marital issues, being screwed by my former job and developing hypothyroid ilness I have gained about 40 lbs in 12 months. I have made some positive changes with a new job and I've been able to wrap my head around whats going on in my marital life. I just need to put my health and weightloss as a #1 priority now if I want to be successful in other areas in my life. I feel so scattered and I just want to end that feeling and regaining control of my body is the first step. What I hope to get from MFP is a way to hold myself accountable and to get encouragement and support. WOO-HOO GO ME!!!

Replies

• Hi everyone, I have had an extremely upheaveled year and my body is a HUGE reminder of it. Thanks to loosing my house, having my husband ask for a seperation and being thrust into single working motherhood and dealing with all the constant marital issues, being screwed by my former job and developing hypothyroid ilness I have gained about 40 lbs in 12 months. I have made some positive changes with a new job and I've been able to wrap my head around whats going on in my marital life. I just need to put my health and weightloss as a #1 priority now if I want to be successful in other areas in my life. I feel so scattered and I just want to end that feeling and regaining control of my body is the first step. What I hope to get from MFP is a way to hold myself accountable and to get encouragement and support. WOO-HOO GO ME!!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

I'm sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I have just gone through a similar experience (ie, divorce (very nasty) new job, new home, irritable bowel syndrome diagnosis, and weight gain). If you ever need to talk I as well as all the supportive people on MFP are here for you.

If sounds like you are headed in the right direction to get through this... focus on your needs and take care of yourself through this.
    :heart:
  • sounds like you have a good attitude!

We are all here for you!

Good luck and Welcome:flowerforyou:
    ~Mel
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Welcome to MFP! We all have an ear if you need to rant.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Hello! What part of VA are you in? I live near Richmond

Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • patsyken123
    patsyken123 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello I am from Alabama 6 years ago I dediced to make a change for myself after havng a bout with cancer. I joined WW and lost 120 pounds during 3 years but in the last 2 years I have put 40 pound back on and just cannot seem to get it off. I am a marathon runner and try to eat healthy but with a busy life 3 children and a husband that loves to cook. So here I am trying to loss weight I should have kept off the first time around.:happy:

Thank you
    Patsy
  • Hi,
    Just joined today, Been slowly getting my life back together. 5 years ago I went thru a breast cancer scare and major surgery right after my Wedding and another surgery. Seperated 1 year after wedding and took another year to get a divorce. Raising 2 teenager with no support and started a whole new career at 42. Well as you can tell that help put on 50 lbs to a already overweight frame. My uncle started a program like this and lost 75 lbs so I decided why not me. So here goes nothing and everything all at once:blushing:
  • watch48win
    Hello I am from Alabama 6 years ago I dediced to make a change for myself after havng a bout with cancer. I joined WW and lost 120 pounds during 3 years but in the last 2 years I have put 40 pound back on and just cannot seem to get it off. I am a marathon runner and try to eat healthy but with a busy life 3 children and a husband that loves to cook. So here I am trying to loss weight I should have kept off the first time around.:happy:

Thank you
    Patsy

• Welcome I'm sure you will love this site!
  • watch48win
    Hi,
    Just joined today, Been slowly getting my life back together. 5 years ago I went thru a breast cancer scare and major surgery right after my Wedding and another surgery. Seperated 1 year after wedding and took another year to get a divorce. Raising 2 teenager with no support and started a whole new career at 42. Well as you can tell that help put on 50 lbs to a already overweight frame. My uncle started a program like this and lost 75 lbs so I decided why not me. So here goes nothing and everything all at once:blushing:

This discussion has been closed.