The way I feel...

Options
Today befor my kids got up I took a 20 min 2 laps, power walk around our block, I just have to say how good i feel after doing that.
I miss out on so much by not taking care of myself, why cant I see how much more JOY it would bring to my life if i did that everyday only for how much better I feel after.

mary

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Today befor my kids got up I took a 20 min 2 laps, power walk around our block, I just have to say how good i feel after doing that.
    I miss out on so much by not taking care of myself, why cant I see how much more JOY it would bring to my life if i did that everyday only for how much better I feel after.

mary
    I think now you do see it, and that's a good thing. :)
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. After that walk, I bet you feel a whole lot better, and will probably get more accomplished during you morning routine. It took me a long time to figure out that I need to set aside time for myself everyday (my boys are now 13 and 16!), but now I finally know. Hey the dishes and laundry will get done later, you need to do it for yourself!!! I hope you have a great day!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I took a walk for the first time in a long time too. Only, I went after the kids went to school. I feel good and want to continue.
    More power to you and me! I feel the same way you do about taking care of myself. Why don't I do it more? Not only the exercise but good eating as well as regular mani/pedi (we can do these ourselves) hair color/cuts and so forth. I did all these things before the kids! I need to do them now. We need to take care of ourselves because no one is going to do it for us!:flowerforyou:
  • wifeandmotherof2
    wifeandmotherof2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I took a walk for the first time in a long time too. Only, I went after the kids went to school. I feel good and want to continue.
    More power to you and me! I feel the same way you do about taking care of myself. Why don't I do it more? Not only the exercise but good eating as well as regular mani/pedi (we can do these ourselves) hair color/cuts and so forth. I did all these things before the kids! I need to do them now. We need to take care of ourselves because no one is going to do it for us!:flowerforyou:

I guess as we grow we learn and as we learn we change, it may come slower for some of us, but we get there sooner or later.