Options
    Advice about what?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    foxylady5 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to MFP and would like advice etc x

a) Open your diary to public view.
    b) Tell us about your daily activity and exercise plans.
    c) Over how long are you aiming to lose the weight

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    foxylady5 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to MFP and would like advice etc x

I started 35 days ago. Finding it very helpful so far
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    1) Buy a digital food scale. This will become your new best friend. It's very important you always weigh your food out (even pre-packaged foods) so you can keep as accurate track of your calories as possible.

2) Log consistently and honestly. Even if you eat an embarrassing amount of calories one day, just grit your teeth and log it. Learning to be honest with yourself about your eating is going to be very important.

3) Accept that weight loss is a tedious, slow, frustrating process. You'll have good weeks and bad weeks, but as long as your overall trend is a good one, then you shouldn't stress too much over the small hitches.

4) I wouldn't suggest doing anything drastic or harsh in an attempt to get the weight to come off fast. Eat a decent amount of calories. You don't need to starve yourself; eating only 1,200 calories a day is unnecessary and will most likely make you hate and resent this process. Patience is key.

Good luck to you!
  • KMaggi3
    KMaggi3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just about everything you can think to eat is on this site, so you can count your calories so easily. It sounds like a pain in the behind but it really ends up being fun and inspiring! Just be honest and log everything you eat. You'll be amazed at what cutting just a little off each day, here and there is going to do for you. I LOVE seeing the results! This is an awesome site. Good luck!! :)