323lbs to 218lbs - 6'1" - Male (with pics)! :)

Options
slikorify
slikorify Posts: 130 Member
Hey everyone,

Ive been thinking about posting here for ages now, but I haven't posted any pics on this site at all so far and never really planned to. I'm only posting this now since a friend wanted to see them and then she's convinced me it could be good to share how far I've come.

The first picture is me a bit over a year and a half ago.This was before I tried to lose weight at all, and is at around 323lbs. The final picture is me a couple of weeks ago at around 223lbs (I joined MFP after I'd already lost 22lbs, which is why my tracker is behind). I'm currently at 218lbs, aiming to get to 196lbs as my next major goal (which puts me in the healthy BMI range). After that I plan to continue trying to lose weight until I get to a point where I'm happy.

I haven't done any serious exercise at all really so far, all I do is walk to uni a few times a day 5 days a week (usually between 30-90 mins a day). My changes have pretty much all been about what I eat. I do plan to join the gym soon though, I've just never really had the confidence to go before.

Feel free to add me if you want, I will definitely need motivation trying to lose the rest of my weight. I'm also happy to give any advice if people want it, although from my experience so far there really are no secrets, you just need to find out how much you should eat and then stick to it :)

oi6mb1xg2cqm.png

mh9w0qh12s2x.png

Replies

• mad_strawberry
    mad_strawberry Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations :smile:
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Great progress. And DO join that gym. Otherwise you'll continue to lose muscle with the fat and the goal of what you want to look like will always be a little further away and feel unattainable. Good luck!
  • crb713
    crb713 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and congratulations! Very inspiring!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Nice! You can set your starting weight to whatever you would like it to be. Go to Check-In, where you enter your weight and click on the Edit previous entries link near the bottom. There you can set your starting weight.

• streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Looking great! You are doing a wonderful job and it sounds like your approach is healthy. I agree--add the gym and I think you would enjoy it! It's nice to feel how your body moves more easily without the added weight!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    great work
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lad!
  • slikorify
    slikorify Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, means a lot :)

Joining the gym next week, hopefully in a few months I can add another photo to my progress!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • lcguy
    lcguy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to keep going and not give up! Definitely given me something to shoot for.
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well done you look great!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Posting - you look gab!
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep keeping on!!
  • k9subsea
    k9subsea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    good job, i too started at 323! My magic number is 189! Right now I am at 259! Doing the same thing you are! Great job bro!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OMG, look at those big beautiful eyes now! They were hiding! Don't ever stop. There is no finish line to this. Always look to learn to improve in your diet, exercise, and yes, SLEEPING habits...congratulations! You have done an incredible job. Now go continue to kick azzz!! :)
  • garybarclay125
    garybarclay125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    keep it up. Im doing the same thing but i do go to work out at the hospital twice a week, but i can do only so much exercise cause of my breathing. I have copd and its hard to do alot but i do what i can over there and the nurses there monitor your blood pressure and heart rate, really nice people there, i smoked for 37 years and quit 2 and a half years ago, thats why i have breathing and heart issues.
  • daboulk
    daboulk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!
  • doalrite
    doalrite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you don't need to join a gym, I spent less than 200 dollars buying weights off of craigslist, you only need a bench press, squat rack, and Olympic bar with weights, look up stronglifts or 5x5. Very easy for beginners to build strength and firm up. I don't like the gym, I am very self aware. I work out for a hour every other day and I'm seeing good results
  • TraePalmer
    TraePalmer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great work - many congratulations ! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!