Fitbit Flex

Options
I have a question for anyone who has experience with the Fitbit Flex. I received one as a white elephant gift but haven't opened it yet. Truthfully I'm skeptical on how accurate this version is. Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Replies

• cbdungan
    cbdungan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have one. It helps track my activity diring the day. But i also jave a heart monitor that i wear during my workouts to track my cslories. Im finding they both work well together
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It shows all my steps accurately when I have it synced and the app open. I've been using it for a couple years and love it :). It's a good motivator to move.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you both of you. Those are good endorsements. I was thinking of doing the same with workouts, in wearing an additional HRM, too. Maybe I'll reconsider selling it?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex for over a year. I loved it. I thought it was pretty accurate with my step count. I did wear a Polar Ft4 while I was running to compare the calories.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and it's been pretty accurate, I use it more of a reminder not to sit on my butt all day outside of my normal exercise.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I had one for quite a while. I liked it. Seemed as accurate as can be. I have the charge HR now and love it too. Great motivator.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I had one for quite a while. I liked it. Seemed as accurate as can be. I have the charge HR now and love it too. Great motivator.

Is the heart rate accurate on the charge HR? I ended up just getting the Charge because I was a little skeptical over the HR part.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have one and I have found that there are times where it is wildly inaccurate. When I run or walk on a treadmill the accuracy goes down. When I am running outside it is also fairly inaccurate. (50% inaccurate)

From I can tell when using it on the treadmill or running I tend to hold my arms up higher more like a 90 degree angle than when normally walking. It does not seem to register steps if you are not just normally swinging your arms at your sides.

That being said it seems pretty good for daily normal steps.
    It is motivational.

• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Did anyone here experience the skin irritation problem that seems was prevalent in some units?