is this normal?

Options
I have only been with my fitness pal for a month and a half.....I was doing great loosing about a lb and a half a wk. I have about 60ish lbs to loose. Then the last wk in a half I have done nothing different and the scale has not gone down at all. I have not had a week where I didn't loose something until now. I have done nothing different. I am at a 1200 calorie diet and weigh everything so I don't think that is the issue. I am a busy mom of 3 so I don't have a lot of extra time to exercise. I know it takes time to loose weight but Is this normal?

Replies

• andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi are u drinking plenty of water ? I gained 3 pound one week and lost 4 pound the next week all down to water weight . I read something that said for every 1/3 carbs you eat your body holds onto 2/3 water . So keep that in mind . If your eating well don't let the scales rule you ( easier said than done ) good luck :#
  • jamie91203
    Options
    U could b losing inches as well. Dnt get discouraged
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. Weight loss is not linear!
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally normal just be patient. If you are accurately logging your food, it could be time of the month, had a little too much sodium, muscles retaining water etc. Just give it some time, you will have weeks like this. Usually you will lose a bit extra the next week if you keep on track with your calories. No need to worry!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Don't panic!

In my first 52 weeks I lost 50 lbs. But it wasn't linear - some weeks I lost nothing, other weeks I lost more. If you're consistent, it balances out over the long term.
  • erinweber3
    erinweber3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you all! weight loss is hard and sometimes you just need a little encouragement!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I had a three month plateau...remove the thought of a 'finish line' and you'll look back in awhile and see a great progression...be patient with yourself...
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I would like to see what you are eating to be sure your macronutrients are good.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Remember to take pics and measurements. When you are hitting the workouts hard the scale might not move since you are adding muscle but you might be losing inches.