TOM and feeling fat.... anyone else?

Options
hate it when it gets to this time, and no matter what you do, or eat. you just feel fat.
you look at your self, and notice everything that you hate even more than usual.
and this gets me down, so i want to comfort mysel (with food) but then i'll feel bad because i've just eaten crap that will make me fat.

ENDLESS CIRCLE :'(

Replies

• maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    hate it when it gets to this time, and no matter what you do, or eat. you just feel fat.
    you look at your self, and notice everything that you hate even more than usual.
    and this gets me down, so i want to comfort mysel (with food) but then i'll feel bad because i've just eaten crap that will make me fat.

you know i fully understand how you feel... i got down to 188.6 and right now and after a bad week i was at 194 now 192.... kinda just disapointed in myself for bad decisions... i dont even wanna look in the mirror cause im like meh i was just better than this a week ago :(

fyi... i think you look beautiful :D
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    lol I am sorry but this made me giggle that a male said "I know how you feel" when she mentioned her TOM... ;)
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

you know i fully understand how you feel... i got down to 188.6 and right now and after a bad week i was at 194 now 192.... kinda just disapointed in myself for bad decisions... i dont even wanna look in the mirror cause im like meh i was just better than this a week ago :(

fyi... i think you look beautiful :D

awww... thank you :)
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    im with you :OP i feel that way now since TOM came yesterday. booo...
  • ChunTingO
    Options
    im with you :OP i feel that way now since TOM came yesterday. booo...
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    I feel disgusting right now too :-(

I had a weekend full of bad food choices, and I'm retaining SOOOO much water right now!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I've found its usually bloating, and exercise helps. Maybe it's just me ;)
  • ChunTingO
    Options

your hair is beautiful! i had mine black and red once
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!!! I get these intense cravings for junk that just won't go away and then I kick myself afterwards!! It's funny too that we look right passed all the good qualities and focus on the negative! Next week will be a whole different story :) Keep your chin up and try to stay positive and focused... this will pass!!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    TOM came yesterday for me, and I feel the same way--even though I lost 2 pounds, I still feel fatter and more blah than usual. Just have to keep in mind that it's temporary and our hormones are sending us nasty little whispers of inadequacy.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    lol I am sorry but this made me giggle that a male said "I know how you feel" when she mentioned her TOM... ;)

LMFAO!!! yeah deff missed the tom thing... its to early to be on mfp... i just told everyone i felt a breeze while rowing yesterday and now i have aunt flow? lol im getting off fb now lol

FYI!! "mencies" is i think is a better ... my 80 yr old teacher used it last semester
  • princessofmarrs
    princessofmarrs Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Most of us feel this way. I have this problem every single month. If I really really really need chocolate I will eat the no sugar added fudge pops. They are yummy and only 40 calories and 2 sugars. It hits the spot. If I can't resist I just give in. Your body is telling you that you need more food at this time. Your body burns more calories right before TOM. Stay focused on your goal!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I just posted something on my profile about this. I hear ya, OP! TOM is scheduled to arrive this weekend and I have been feeling bloated all week. Blah :sad: but about the food- just try to make some healthy choices and you'll be ok. I'm nom-noming on a fiber bar right now, and then drinking a bunch of water. Hopefully it will help some of this bloated feeling go away :grumble:
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I actually thought I was going insane last week when TOM reared its ugly head. Just focus on the day ahead of you and you'll be fine!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options

LMFAO!!! yeah deff missed the tom thing... its to early to be on mfp... i just told everyone i felt a breeze while rowing yesterday and now i have aunt flow? lol im getting off fb now lol

FYI!! "mencies" is i think is a better ... my 80 yr old teacher used it last semester

HAHAHAHA
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Its my week for TOM too...he showed up 2 days early last month, but hasn't reared his ugly head yet. BLAH!!! I feel fat around him too........
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing through. We all know we feel worse during that time and we all know it will be over in a few days. No excuses...JUST KEEP PUSHING! :) You can do it!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I completely know how you feel! I finally reached a huge goal last week and then TOM shows up and I went up 5 lbs! YIKES! I'm slowly moving back down but I feel so "blah" and unmotivated to workout.

I'm just forcing myself to do it! Dang being a woman!
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    I take it as a time to steady myself. I'm always bloated and such so if I come out of my weight in without loss or gain I take that as a win, especially when it coincides with my payday. (No chocolate *hiss*)
  • DebraBuschman
    DebraBuschman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit. Eat 1/2 - 1 a day starting the few days before and into your TOM until you quit feeling bloated. It works. Promise. Naturally flushes out the excess water... and anything else you're not eliminating on your own. ;-) If you're feeling extremely bloated you may want to eat more than one. And, they're good for you!