Just started

️hi. I just started a diet and exercise routine and after a week of counting calories (1500 daily) and exercising 4 days a week (previously zero) I have gained a pound. I know this is most likely water weight but it makes me feel discouraged. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Keep going and weigh again next week. Do you weigh once a week or every day? And how good are your scales? My mum's expensive scales always give the same reading if I stand on them a few times consecutively, but my cheap ones change by up to a pound every time I stand on them!
  • cmkeiling
    cmkeiling Posts: 5 Member
    I weigh twice a week usually. And my scale ranges slightly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Keep doing what you're doing and have patience.
  • Keep yr intake steady and only weigh yrself once a week. Body mass is a slow mover,( in general). Keep a healthy diet and lifestyle is a life time thing not a daily fix.
    Don't loose faith, it takes time for yr body to look as though its loosing weight. When it does it's like a snowball going down hill, it will pick up speed all by itself. Good luck and keep posting!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    cmkeiling wrote: »
    I weigh twice a week usually. And my scale ranges slightly.

Ok, as you've said it's likely water weight so if you're not weighing every day that's something to bare in mind, as well as the scales themselves. I weigh everyday to know when I'm fluctuating, I find it's the only way to be sure of your weight. But, as demonstrated by offanrunning, some people prefer to weigh weekly so you have to see what's best for you. But really, just keep going. A week isn't long enough to really know how well you're doing!
  • American_Beauty
    American_Beauty Posts: 20 Member
    water is the key!! If you drink at the least 8 glasses a day, soon your body will be hydrated and it will not hold the extra water or weight; I learned this the hard way and once I got used to it, the scales moved. just a suggestion, best of luck sweetheart. I agree with Demora, a week isn't long enough, have patience young grasshopper ;)