juice feast

Options
Okay so I'm considering starting a "juice feast" today....I've been running 5k or more/day for about 4 weeks now and I've stalled in weight loss. I dropped 3 pounds when I started and nothing since then. I have an autoimmune thyroid condition that makes my thyroid useless and a doctor who won't change my thyroid levels based on how I feel. SO, I'm desperate. I've readt hat I'm supposed to have 4-6 quarts of fresh (juiced at home) veggie juice on this "feast" so I'm going to try and do it until Sunday (family photo day) Has anyone tried this before? I'm worried about feeling hungry and getting headaches but I'm going to give it a go!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have done juice fasts many times, I feel great the first day, by mid second day I have a horrible headache(toxins leaving the body) but all in all I LOVE them! I do it becasue I have IBS and find it sorts me out in the bathroom department.
    People may say that you gain everything you lose back but I never have. I usually lose 4-6lbs doing it for 2 days, I would really not suggest doing it for more then three days though.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm considering starting a "juice feast" today....I've been running 5k or more/day for about 4 weeks now and I've stalled in weight loss. I dropped 3 pounds when I started and nothing since then. I have an autoimmune thyroid condition that makes my thyroid useless and a doctor who won't change my thyroid levels based on how I feel. SO, I'm desperate. I've readt hat I'm supposed to have 4-6 quarts of fresh (juiced at home) veggie juice on this "feast" so I'm going to try and do it until Sunday (family photo day) Has anyone tried this before? I'm worried about feeling hungry and getting headaches but I'm going to give it a go!

As a side note, have you considered changing up your routine? If you run outside, have you tried changing your route to, say, add more (or steeper/longer hills)? Or, to really change it up, hop on a bike for a week or two? Plateaus often happen because your body gets used to a particular workout, since it's built to do routine things as efficiently as possible.
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Actually, I would like to know more about it. So, please add me as a friend and tell me how it worked out for you... Thanks, and best wishes on your weight loss journey!!!