Color Run

Options
I am so excited to be entered in my first 5k. I realize this one is different than most because it is untimed and more for fun, but I still like that I am doing it and getting family/friends off their butts to do it with me! I have heard its alot of fun, plus we are raising money for our local childrens hospital so a win-win as far as I am concerned! If there is anybody in the Youngstown Ohio area on here you are welcome to join us! :)

Replies

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    They are doing a 5k for valentine's day in Nashvile that everyone runs in thier underwear. I believe a polar plunge in the Cumberland river is the ending.

I'm thinking of going just to watch. No way in hell im doing that.
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    They are doing a 5k for valentine's day in Nashvile that everyone runs in thier underwear. I believe a polar plunge in the Cumberland river is the ending.

lol...thats great...I'm pretty sure I would just watch that one too!
  • chancie72
    Options
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    Color Runs at the best!! And congrats on your 1st 5K!

That's what I've heard..and thank you!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I love Colour Me Rad, I do it every year! Go with a huge group of friends and their kids, and the kids get SO into it! So cute.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Color runs are a lot of fun. Be prepared to breathe in a lot of colored corn starch! The good news is that it all washes out pretty easily. :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for mine in MI in August. It's my second color run and it's a blast! There are people of every level doing it and the party after is huge! Congrats and have a great time.
  • chancie72
    Options
    I'm so glad I joined...you guys all seem to have enjoyed it! (I am slightly worried about breathing in the cornstarch...I have asthma). \
  • Enf3ktid
    Enf3ktid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Color run here in Oklahoma in April and then I believe the "color me rad" in May. My sis talked me trying it this year for the first time!
  • lzepeda89
    lzepeda89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love doing the Color Runs! I've done about 3 already, including a night run. They're perfect for beginners like us.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    So much fun!
  • chancie72
    Options
    the color me rad sounds fun too but theres not one close enough for me :( I also like the idea of the night one but the night one around here is in Cleveland and I have no desire to be in Cleveland at night ;)
  • formonte
    Options
    Chancie72, I am a total NEWBIE on running. I just signed up for my 1st 5K (March 8 in Cortland). My friend and I are thinking of doing the Color Run in Youngstown, but would really like to run along the lake and end up at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. talk about a party! We are looking for 2 people to be on our "Team" of 4.. You have another person? My friend has been running for a while now. I am probably going to end up walking most of my 1st 5K!!!
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The Color Run is alot of run. The time goes by so fast because you are excited to get to the next color station. My daughter did it with me at 7 yrs old & love it.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Doing Color Run Atlanta in April! Can't wait!! It's my first 5k, too. I'm on Week 5 of C25K, so I'm hoping to be "seasoned" by then.
  • chancie72
    Options
    formonte wrote: »
    Chancie72, I am a total NEWBIE on running. I just signed up for my 1st 5K (March 8 in Cortland). My friend and I are thinking of doing the Color Run in Youngstown, but would really like to run along the lake and end up at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.. talk about a party! We are looking for 2 people to be on our "Team" of 4.. You have another person? My friend has been running for a while now. I am probably going to end up walking most of my 1st 5K!!!

Good for you :) If you do the youngstown color run you can join our team "color crew". I didn't know about the one in Canton? I really don't have another "runner"...we are still looking for people on our team in June/youngstown...so far just me and my daughter....I probably will be walking most of this one as well because nothings going to get my daughter to run lol!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options

It's one of my goals to do the Cupid's Run in Nashville one day... it was just way too cold this weekend! :o

Did the Color Run in Nashville last year and doing it again this year! I'm hoping it doesn't rain again; the powder and water doesn't mix very well, lol!
  • chancie72
    Options
    formonte or anyone else interested in joining the color crew team for the youngstown 5k...here is the link https://fundraising.active.com/fundraiser/AngelaPhillips3
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    chancie72 wrote: »
    I am so excited to be entered in my first 5k. I realize this one is different than most because it is untimed and more for fun, but I still like that I am doing it and getting family/friends off their butts to do it with me! I have heard its alot of fun, plus we are raising money for our local childrens hospital so a win-win as far as I am concerned! If there is anybody in the Youngstown Ohio area on here you are welcome to join us! :)

Congrats on your first 5k. While I'm a competitive person and always trying to be faster, running should always be fun
  • chancie72
    Options
    chancie72 wrote: »

Congrats on your first 5k. While I'm a competitive person and always trying to be faster, running should always be fun

Thank you! I can only jog...never run. I've had knee surgery twice and my doctor advised me to NEVER run :)
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did my first color run last year, so much fun.