One month in - 10 lbs down

Options
Hey I've been logging my food on this app since January 5th and it has helped me emensely. I've lost 10.4 lbs with proper diet and exersice. My issue now is that the weight isn't coming off as quickly as it was the first month. I've only lost .4 lbs this past week. Why is this? I still want to lose 23 lbs! Thanks?

Replies

• 1_meatball
    1_meatball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.
    Any weight loss is a good loss , it means you are doing it right.
    Don't set yourself a target date , just a target. 1/2lb a week will see you where you want to be soon enough.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's very common to have a big loss at first and then slower for a while (and then sometimes another whoosh). It sounds like you're doing okay. If you keep losing about 1/2 pound every week, you'll lose 2-3 pounds a month, so it won't really take all that long to hit your goal. And as you continue to exercise, you'll reshape your body, too.

Keep it up! :wink:
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Depending on your goals, losing .5-1 lb. a week is a reasonable expectation. The first week or two you are losing a lot of water weight. This will stop and you'll lose actual fat after that. Unless you have 80-100 lbs. or more to get rid of, losing 4-5 lbs. a month is very good progress. You will find that as you get closer to your goal weight, the lbs. come off even more slowly. This is no reason to despair, however. If you stick with it you'll succeed!
  • spisaak1991
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice! You truly have incouraged me to keep trying! Will update soon.