water makes me feel bloated

Options
Whenever i drink alot of water, i feel bloated and uncouncomfortable! I dont know why, does this happen to anyone else? What do you do to fix it?

Replies

• CourtneyJune15
    CourtneyJune15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    *uncomfortable
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    you are probably not drinking enough water yet
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sip it and space it out during the day. Maybe have some of it as tea.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Are you pounding it all at once, or are you drinking throughout the day. If you suddenly increased your water intake, your body wouldn't be used to it.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    seems like the only way this would happen is if you are drinking like 8 glasses all at once
  • CourtneyJune15
    Options
    I drink 6 glasses a day at least, and i do drink it pretty quick
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking fast it's just the volume of water stretching out your stomach. It'll soon pass through but if you drink a little slower you shouldn't get any discomfort.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You don't actually have to drink 8 glasses of water per day. That's a myth that started from a misinterpretation of a study that had been conducted to see how much liquid the average person typically got from food and beverage sources in the space of a day.

cbc.ca/news/health/8-glasses-of-water-a-day-an-urban-myth-1.1196386

That being said, there's nothing wrong with drinking lots of water, especially if it makes you feel full and replaces your urge to snack, or if you're replacing sugary sodas and such with water.

Drinking too much too fast can make you feel bloated, sure. Slow down and pace yourself and you'll feel fine.
  • CourtneyJune15
    Options
    Thanks guys! I do have a habit of trying to down as much water as i can as fast as i can. Ill slow it down and see how i feel!