Zumba Fitness for the Wii

Options
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone else uses the zumba fitness for the wii game and if so how to log it....

Replies

• jenjohnson19
    Options
    How is the Zumba game for the Wii? I just saw a commercial for it and was curious if it's fun or hard to follow.

Thanks!
  • jmmccall
    jmmccall Posts: 19
    Options
    I have it for the XBox Kinect and I usually just log it under dance. I wasn't sure how else to log it. I enjoy it very much I haven't done it in a couple weeks and am hoping to get back into it soon.
  • AlisonMacKay
    AlisonMacKay Posts: 112
    Options
    I use zumba fitness but I have a HRM to track my calories burned. It is fun I don't do it everyday. i do it when I don't go out for walk or running c25k
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I've tried it at my sister's house and I LOVED IT I don't have a WII yet so I can't do it all the time but have seriously considering getting one just to do it! The thing that I liked about it the most is you follow the instructions from like a sillouhette person rather than an actual person, an actual person can sometimes be distracting while doing any type of aerobic work at least that's how I felt. It's not hard when you work your way up if you start with easy, then intermediate, then expert, you feel great afterwards and it is SO much fun ecspecially if you like to dance! :)
  • jmmccall
    jmmccall Posts: 19
    Options
    I do it on the XBox, and I cannot dance at all have no rythm but I still enjoy it and can follow it pretty good.
  • Breezy929
    Breezy929 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I logged it as dancing/aerobics. It's lots of fun and there are tutuorials for the beginner.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I don't have the game, but I just recently used it at a friend's house. The game comes with a band that goes around your waist to track your dance movements and the dances are very similar to what you experience in a class. The music is the same also. You can set the time of your "class" so you can work out for a short or longer period of time--up to you. I think it's worth it if you're the type who likes to work out at home :-)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone else uses the zumba fitness for the wii game and if so how to log it....

I've got it. Don't play it as often as I should but I usually play the classes.

I use a heart rate watch to check my calories, around 175 for 20mins for the beginner class. But that depends on your weight and how much effort you put into it!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • ImWayCuterThanG
    Options
    I just got it this weekend, and I had fun playing it. I do a live Zumba class twice a week; so I'm thinking that I had the level to low for myself. It will get you sweating that's for sure, you can't really play it in street clothes. I made the mistake of playing in street clothes with no shoes on...ow! :-) OH and put your hair up, it'll get gross to. I have no idea how to log it here though, I've created a Zumba log for myself at my actual classes that is based off 500 - 700 calories burned in one hour (I don't know what weight that's at) so I say that I burn about 430 in 45 minutes of class. I would assume it'd be the same for the game.
  • mommycombs
    mommycombs Posts: 6
    Options
    I have it and I LOVE IT!! :)
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have it for XBox Kinect (same thing) and I wear a hrm watch. I usually burn between 550-750 depending on the intensity every intermediate 45 minute and about 250-300 in the 30 minute workout. It varies alot but it's definitely a great workout.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM but before that I would log it as fast dancing.. I burn about 180-200 per beginner class. I dont use it everyday so not sure if its any higher for the others...
  • alymarie2011
    Options
    you can log the zumba fitness as "dancing" or "running" and such. just look at your options and it has the Wii option.
  • Heatherthin
    Options
    Thanks for all your help!!. I am loving it so far!!. Hoping once I master it I will be confident enough to go to an actual class!!. Makes exercising fun!!