Peanuts/Peanut butter concerns

Options
I love Peanuts and Peanut butter but I have noticed that when I eat something with either of them, granola bar or just plain peanut butter, as a mid morning snack over time that my stomach tends to get bloated. I am wondering if they are having an opposite effect on what I am trying to accomplish.

What other snack items do y'all suggest for a mid morning snack that I can store in my desk or mini fridge in my classroom?

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    fruit, string cheese, dried fruit, thats just a few ideas.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nuts besides peanuts! Try almond butter as well. Otherwise, I usually have an apple.
  • BBruhn
    BBruhn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think that because peanuts are legumes, they can cause bloating. Almonds or other nuts may not do that to you. Nuts = yes in my book.
  • raffi165
    Options
    Could you make up some ryvitas/crackerbreads with mashed avocado or something and keep them in your fridge? They'd fill you up :)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    If that's the case, almonds and almond butter are your new best friends.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    jmacok wrote: »
    I love Peanuts and Peanut butter but I have noticed that when I eat something with either of them, granola bar or just plain peanut butter, as a mid morning snack over time that my stomach tends to get bloated. I am wondering if they are having an opposite effect on what I am trying to accomplish.

What other snack items do y'all suggest for a mid morning snack that I can store in my desk or mini fridge in my classroom?

[]

Unsalted almonds and cashews. For fruit - apple, pear, grapes, oranges.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    My only concern with peanut butter is that it's not in my mouth right now.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Posting again as my earlier post went a bit funny on me.
    Unsalted almonds and cashews. For fruit - apple, pear, grapes, oranges
  • GilBrennan
    Options
    I have a problem with peanut butter.

I'm out.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I take garbanzo beans to work to eat at my desk with a spoon. They are not messy and are easy to carry in a container. Sometimes I take 10% greek yogurt -- a little messy but very nice.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Nut butters from other nuts. I have a coconut/cashew butter which is pretty fabulous IMO.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water. I love peanut butter!