Your favorite breakfast?

Options
I am stuck in a rut when it comes to breakfast. What's you favorite morning meal? Your easy go to meal? Your special weekend treat?

Replies

• Emmey56
    Emmey56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Breakfast has always been harder for me while counting calories because try as I might I can not cook egg whites lol. Most morings I have sautéed veggies, featuring mostly green, with an over easy egg on top. To help offset the egg yolk I don't add any cheese and i sautéed it all with just a little water. It's never been more then 150 calories. Another one I will eat is french toast. I used egg white, just a splash of milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon for the wash occasionally I will add mashed up banana or Applesauce to the wash for a sweeter flavor, I use 1 slice of homemade wheat bread and instead of syrup and butter I add fresh fruit on top.
    Neither of these take me longer then 10 minutes to make and it's even faster if you cut and measure your fruit and veggies ahead of time. I don't know if you have children but the French toast is a huge hit with my 3 year old, it's one of the few breakfasts I can get him to eat the whole thing.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Emmey56 wrote: »
    Most morings I have sautéed veggies, featuring mostly green, with an over easy egg on top. To help offset the egg yolk I don't add any cheese and i sautéed it all with just a little water.

^^^ this
    And when I have time I love baked scotch eggs!!
  • kaylaaah88
    kaylaaah88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    With the French toast, I'll use Sara Lee 45 cal wheat bread. Then I can have 2 pieces. I saute some apples with a bit of syrup and cinnamon to top it and it's delicious. I also will scramble eggs with veggies. One of the ways I've found to save time is to buy a frozen stir fry mix. Then I get variety of veggies but I save time on cutting and portioning. I'll have that with some fruit. I also like to cook ground flax like oatmeal. I add half a cup of pumpkin to it also. Sometimes banana. So yummy.
  • suntomoon
    Options
    faavourite: veggie smoothie w/ frozen berries, all veg I can toss in, chia, cinnamon, unsweetened almond milk, chia : chew my way thro this and feel the nutrition heal my body.
    Fast: quest bar - one per day, 1/2 per snack.
    Treat: Egg w goat cheese tossed in while cooking, served on baby spinach, mary's crackers on the side. sometimes caramalized onion.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    3 options here depending on the day -

1) ham and cheese omelette from a local diner, bacon, home fries, toast, milk and OJ. Occasionally I'll do steak and eggs, but a diner omelette is my go-to breakfast.

2) breakfast shake - vanilla ice cream, vanilla protein powder, OJ

3) 5hr energy
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Weekdays - protein bar

Weekend - brunch!! Eggs benny with mimosas or caesers! <3
  • AwesomeSauceTN
    AwesomeSauceTN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to mash 1/2 avocado and put that on lightly toasted bread, then top with a couple of fried eggs. I really like a small amount of hot sauce on it too. Presto! Delicious and speedy breakfast. On the weekend I like pancakes and bacon.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Steak when I can afford it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast, but on the occasions that I do it's either buckwheat pancakes with pb and maple syrup (not the fake stuff) or french toast with maples syrup. My french toast is very eggy - I use thin cut wholemeal bread with 1 egg per slice. I like to taste the egg.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Typical breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs + greek yogurt/cottage cheese/kale and beans (one of those, not all three!)
    Weekend breakfast: 2 eggs overeasy over stir fried veggies (kale or broccoli)
    Treat breakfast: 2 eggs, hash browns, sausage.

Can you tell I would pretty much eat eggs at every meal if I could?
  • lisamoralg
    Options
    hello! At breakfast smoothie drink with sesame seeds.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Some days, I don't eat breakfast at all, but I must have my three HUGE cups of strong tea with low-fat half and half and Splenda. They can be really filling. Sometimes I have a protein bar.

I tend to eat breakfast food for lunch, though. My favorites are cottage cheese either with finely chopped veggies or almonds and cinnamon on top or pumpkin stirred in; scrambled eggs with spinach; or Greek yogurt and strawberries. I really only like the last one when berries are in season and at their best.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Coffee coffee coffee! And, sometimes oatmeal or a protein shake. But usually just coffee!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Porridge.

I mix jumbo oats, rye flakes and chia seeds. Soaked in milk overnight. Cooked on the hob.

Then depending on the macro plan for the day either add a chopped up milky way, curly wurly, Cadbury's fudge bar, banana, protein powder (millionaires shortbread or chocolate peanut cookie), peanut butter or a portion of flavoured drinking chocolate.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've gotten pretty good at making a microwave frittata in a bowl. I never thought I'd use a microwave to cook. I do a couple whole eggs, a couple egg whites, usually some kind of fresh chopped mushroom, sometimes a leafy green, sometimes bell peppers, this morning was some shredded zucchini I had leftover, a hot pepper or cayenne and some kind of cheese to top it. Sometimes I add some meat and that could be anything that sounds good. I eat a variation of this almost every day and it's delicious and is a good kick of protein and fat.

I vary my morning carb...sometimes cereal, sometimes toast, sometimes I throw the frittata into a tortilla with some plain yogurt and hot sauce.

It is usually 500 to 700 calories for all of it, but I'm full for hours and I do better the rest of the day only needing smaller meals. This morning my breakfast was 39g protein.
  • pandaahoy
    pandaahoy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast food. I could probably eat it for every meal if my calories allowed it.
    I tend to go a little sweeter for breakfast most days.. naturally of course! Here's a list of my favs in no particular order
    (except the first one )
    1. Oats, Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey (so much yum)
    2. Greek yogurt, granola, & fruit
    3. Banana split (this includes banana, yogurt, blueberries, almonds, and oj. no icecream!)
    4. Overnight Oats (see pintrest)
    5. Chia Seed Pudding
    or my fail safe,
    6. Smoothies
  • art_brutale
    art_brutale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weekdays- Baked Oatmeal! (I sneak in 2 scoops protein vanilla powder for a 6 serving dish)
    Weekends- Poached egg + whites + avocado + salsa + black bean 4" tacos (2), and 1 Trader Joe's chicken sausage (currently digging the Sweet Apple flavor)

I try to maximize protein and keep calories between 350-400 at breakfast, because lunch is always my biggest meal of the day. Both of these options keep me full from 6AM - 12:30-1:00 PM.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Favorite breakfast is eggs, bacon, toast and black coffee. I don't always have the bacon, but the rest is a regular brekkie for me about 4 days a week.

My other go-to is oatmeal with greek yogurt, blueberries, walnuts, honey and cinnamon (and unflavored protein powder if I have it), and of course, black coffee.

Weekend or special breakfasts we go out and I usually go for the bacon/eggs/toast, but add potatoes as well. Or eggs Benedict is another fave. Weekends at home I like to make abelskiver or pancakes from scratch...and bacon and eggs again. :smile:
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protien bars for breakfast because its fast and easy.
    My lunch sounds like a breakfast and that's a hard boiled egg and 2/3 - 1 oz of hard cheese. Sounds like the breakfast of a fantasy novel to me!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Lately, 2 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, and a pancake. All with one pan. Fry bacon first, eggs fried in the bacon fat, pancake is next. All takes less than 10 mins to make.