oh no .....plz HELP me

OK so I need help on the food n nutrition side i have been using mfp for 5 day n now I have already had my 2 and bad day2 Fred do bars,5 wagon wheelsn 2 packs of ransoms solo angry n upset

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    I have no idea what that says...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    What exactly do you need? Do you want someone to give you a balanced meal plan? Someone to explain what healthy eating is? Tell you why you need to, or don't need to eat healthy? Your post is rather hard to parse.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    There's nothing you can do about it now, so move on. but if you lack enough control not to binge on stuff then its probably a good idea not to have the stuff available. I won't buy biscuits, cakes, or squash as I'll just trough the lot if I do. If it's not there, you can't eat it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    post is unclear.

what are your goals?
    what's your calorie goal?
    how much weight do you want to lose/gain
    are you working out?
    do you have access to your own kitchen for cooking?
    Do you work where they eat out regularly?

You're post is not even remotely close to clear enough to even GUESS at a response.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    If eating this way makes you angry and upset, then stop it. I'm not exactly sure if you are saying you've had 2 bad days or have been eating a lot of junk food today. You're sentences are a bit fragmented.

I'd suggest getting over the anger and thinking logically. Why are you eating these things that make you angry and upset? During the 5 days you've been here have you been giving up all these treats you love? Have you been eating too few calories? Too little fat? Are you trying to give up too much? Do you have PMS?

Once you can identify the cause, it will be easier to solve the problem.
  • I have no idea what that says...
    Sorry my 3 yr old was jumping on me just tried to read it lol.....
    I have been using mfp for 5 days 2 out of the 5 have been bad days, today as well as some OK food choices I have made some wrong ones( 2 Fred do frog choc bars, 5 wagon wheel choc n marshmallow biscuits n 2 packs of ransoms chewy sweets candy) all were consumed in 1 sitting I just dont seem to be able to eat normally or healthy I don't no what's good
  • What exactly do you need? Do you want someone to give you a balanced meal plan? Someone to explain what healthy eating is? Tell you why you need to, or don't need to eat healthy? Your post is rather hard to parse.

Need guidance on what to eat n suitable for me n 3 yr old
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    paulamfp38 wrote: »
    What exactly do you need? Do you want someone to give you a balanced meal plan? Someone to explain what healthy eating is? Tell you why you need to, or don't need to eat healthy? Your post is rather hard to parse.

Healthy eating is eating in a manner to promote good health. You know what healthy foods are - vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, beans, nuts, seeds etc. Stuff that grows on land or sea. And you know what junk food is - overly sweet or salty or greasy, high calorie, low nutrient foods.

Eat more of the healthy stuff and less of the junk and don't overeat. Prepare meals that you enjoy. Don't eat in a way that makes you feel overly deprived.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    paulamfp38 wrote: »
    Sorry my 3 yr old was jumping on me just tried to read it lol.....
    I have been using mfp for 5 days 2 out of the 5 have been bad days, today as well as some OK food choices I have made some wrong ones( 2 Fred do frog choc bars, 5 wagon wheel choc n marshmallow biscuits n 2 packs of ransoms chewy sweets candy) all were consumed in 1 sitting I just dont seem to be able to eat normally or healthy I don't no what's good

First, if it fits your calorie goal you can eat anything you want and lose weight. So you could eat sweets all day and lose weight. Your body would be lacking nutrients though and you'd feel like crap after awhile. You probably would find it hard not to overeat because you are not getting what your body needs. You can still eat some sweets every day but make sure you are getting enough other food first.
    Foods that will help you feel satisfied have protein, healthy fats and fiber. Vegetables and fruits provide important nutrients and fiber. Drink water.

You can check out other people's food diaries for ideas or search the internet for whatever calorie per day meal plan for ideas.

You might find it helpful to plan your meals and/or log your food in advance.

This site has some recipes my family has enjoyed -> budgetbytes.com
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    open your diary- 5 days will be very easy to see what kind of damage you've done- or likely not done.

It's REALLY hard to blow it in a manner to cause you to back slide significantly.

For the holidays I usually set myself minimum goals 3-4,000 calories- just because. I have a hard time eating that much food.

It's easy to go over your goal by 2-300 calories. Sure. But you know where that puts you/

at maintance.

so at the very leaset- in the upside light if you will- you have not lost anything. LIterally- you're just maintaining.

So- what- big deal- you had a day of maintenance.

One of the reasons we suggest people take only a handful of calories off a day- like 150-300ish is because over the coarse of a week- that's sustainable and manageable- for most people that's ONE snack they need to cut out of their maintenance diet.

And you keep that up over the course of the week- you're average value of the deficit grows.

if you have one or two high days- and 5-6 low days- you still can build a deficit. Its' just 'growing' at a smaller rate.

So don't stress it that much- success comes from not winning all at once- but winning over the long term and continuing no matter what happens.

If you've given up hope after 5 days- perhaps your goals are to lofty or you need more education to help prepare you and mentally assuage your fears.
  • pandaahoy
    pandaahoy Posts: 13 Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• paulamfp38 wrote: »

Okay, well you might want to try not show your daughter that its okay to binge eat chocolate.
    Personally, I very much noticed when my father would binge eat junk food at night, and as a kid, I would sit and watch tv with my father and join in on whatever snacking he was doing. This is a habit that I now have a problem dealing with myself, and I wish I was raised differently to know that it is a really bad habit. Now I know it must be hard to undo your bad habits but it could affect your child in the future.

• I demanded a ransom once.

Once.
  • paulamfp38 wrote: »
    2 Fred do frog choc bars, 5 wagon wheel choc n marshmallow biscuits n 2 packs of ransoms chewy sweets candy
    why would you do this?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Get those foods out of the house. Buy foods that you love. And that your child will love:
    cheese, fruit (apples, pears, raisins, dates), smoothies with some fruit and lots of greens, yogurt, frozen yogurt, turkey roll ups, sliced and roasted baked potatoes, eggs, pasta (cool shapes like shells), ham, waffles, oatmeal, peanut butter balls,
    Get more sleep so that you feel better during the day.