After gym problems !!

I work out for about an hour .... I don't do weights though cuz the guys scare me over there ! But after the gym I always smell cheeseburgers & give in... My *kitten* is in that drive thru real quick !! Ugh!!!!! Then I feel guilty after. Anyone else with this problem ? Lol

Replies

• Cobourg
    Cobourg Posts: 54 Member
    Nope not really a problem for me. I am so tired from working out that I just want to collapse. I focus on what I am making for dinner that night and have that. Preparation is the key to no drive through I think.
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 144 Member
    lol it used to be. I go to Golds gym, they have a lady golds section and its closed off so you cant be seen unless you go through a door. I love that because I wouldnt do weights
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Takes time to form a habit. Drive the opposite direction from your favorite drive thru for starters.
    Though I'm not one to deter people from eating what they actually like, foods that do become issues for people should be addressed. And you have to WANT to learn how to control the issue. If not, you'll be fighting a never ending battle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BubblezSimone
    BubblezSimone Posts: 3 Member
    I'm always starving when I finish gym. Good to have some type of healthy snack available. Then go home and cook a quick protein max meal!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    My gym is literally right around the corner from my apartment. I would have to go so far out of my way to hit up a drivethru on my way home. One way you might be able to stop is to keep a snack in your car for when you get out of the gym (maybe some nuts or crackers) just to hold you over until you get home.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Chics in the weight area get respect. Except sometimes a guy will walk in front of you to replace weights instead of waiting or going behind; but I'm not sure if that's b/c I'm a chic or just b/c they are rude.

Plan ahead and you won't want to stop for a burger. I hate having to throw out food I've thawed! Plus then you can even have some for lunch. What's that burger give you?

Keep some almonds in your car for noshing and also think about how much better a burger is when you can sit down and enjoy with someone else instead of wasting time scarfing it in the car. VISUALIZE!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    I keep Clif bars in my gym bag. I work out on my lunch break before I eat (so I'm super-hungry when I'm done) and have to walk through the Omni (with several restaurants, including an Arbys, a Starbucks, a chocolate store) every day on the way back to the office. Sometimes, I'm munching on the Clif bar before I'm even off the elevator in the lobby ... just in case I get a craving.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    Chics in the weight area get respect. Except sometimes a guy will walk in front of you to replace weights instead of waiting or going behind; but I'm not sure if that's b/c I'm a chic or just b/c they are rude.

It's because they're rude.
    I've seen plenty of people do it. Both genders do it to both genders. It's obnoxious but so is standing 1ft away from the dumbbell rack
  • These are all great tips ! Looks like I should keep a healthy snack at hand !
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »

It's because they're rude.
    I've seen plenty of people do it. Both genders do it to both genders. It's obnoxious but so is standing 1ft away from the dumbbell rack

yep - I've been the walker and the walkee - not sure what to do when they're so close to the mirror (and weights). Sometimes my gym is so crowded, there's no place else to stand, though. Tough call.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    I don't have that problem because once I get in my car I just want to go home. I hate to stop for anything. Just keep on driving past that drive thru and go home and make a burger. Yours will be more healthy for sure!!! Guys and girls at the gym intimidate me too so I just use the machines. No need to feel guilty we all have our weaknesses. Just work that burger into your calories for the day if you want it. I would if I liked to stop!!! lol
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    My gym is across the street from McDonalds! So you leave the gym and the smell smacks you in the face. I just figure I can go home and make my own burger and fries and not feel so bad afterward, you can do it! :)
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Maybe also shift when you work out, try working out in the AM instead (then there's no burgers to tempt you)
  • I always have a healthy snack with me, liek Special K Crips. Just the security of knowing its there, rarely eat it. I just need to know I have an option.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    There is a cupcake store right next door to our gym. Sometimes I get an additional workout trying to keep my husband and son from going in there after! Their thought is "we worked out! We earned it!" My thought is, "I didn't just workout to blow it on an unplanned cupcake!" :wink:

That said, yesterday I had a 422 calorie chocolate caramel torte because it was my son's birthday and I didn't feel guilty about it one little bit because it fit in my allowance. I'm having another piece today and looking forward to it!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    My first thought when I am leaving the gym is to get home quick so I can shower (no shower at my gym). There is a Domino's Pizza right next to my gym, but I really don't pay much attention to it because I JUST WANT A SHOWER. lol

13928394.png