DDR and calories burned?

Options
I'm gonna break out my DDR and start playing it. Now, I remember quite the workout that game could give you.... but how would I log the calories burned?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna break out my DDR and start playing it. Now, I remember quite the workout that game could give you.... but how would I log the calories burned?

Dance Dance Revolution?

Cardiovascular - dancing
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    my 6'4 230lb weight lifting friend swears that when he cuts, he eats the same foods he just does 2 hours of DDR on extreme LOL have fun!
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    I clicked to see what East Germany had to do with burning calories. I was a little disappointed that the point wasn't discussed.
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wore my fitbit during a couple sessions of playing ddr on heavy, played for 1 hour nonstop and it averaged out to around 400-500 calories burned for different sets. not too bad and its fun!
  • pallycoo
    Options
    well I played quite a bit yesterday. logged it as dancing, general. Total it said I burned 846 calories. Which I am a tiny bit skeptical about but I hope it was right. I did 150 mins total.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @pallycoo If I remember correctly, there is a setting on DDR that you can use to see calories burned in kcals. I think it's called Workout Mode. I loved playing DDR as a teen.