Valentine's Day

Options
What is everyone doing for Valentine's Day?

Flowers and chocolates seem to be the typical gifts, but this year my husband asked what I wanted, so I asked if we could go Tango dancing. I don't think he was expecting that.

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am baking the husband his favorite cake. No clue what he has planned.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Well.. when my husband asked what I wanted I told him I wanted my new dishwasher that we bought OVER a year ago installed.. Its been out in the trailer for months and my old dishwasher is junk. So Im way beyond aggravated at the fact that it has not been installed. My guess is it will sit out there for another year or more.

And I just wanted to go to a local restaurant for dinner, because they added a brand new dish that was amazing when I had it last time we ate there.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm making all the heart shaped foods with my kids. And maybe helping my husband build another cat house. Honestly, we're not big fans of Valentines as a couple - we'd rather just save the cash to go on a date when things will be less crowded :)
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome
    Hope you both have a good one
    Hope your dishwasher gets installed @shellma00‌ !
  • octhawk
    Options
    Last year we bought a mattress
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My son is getting a stuffed animal and a card. My husband and I are going to a friends for a WW meal. That's pretty much it. Just another day.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Pregnant wife admits to doing nothing for me this year (other than creating, carrying and eventually birthing our first child). She has flowers arriving today, a mini-gift tomorrow, big gift on Saturday when we also are driving to Twin Falls to buy a new car (sort of a gift?) with a romantic dinner than evening, then celebrating out nine year anniversary on Sunday at a steakhouse back in town. Eventful, but should kick *kitten*.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow he is taking me out for sushi and Saturday I am making beef wellington for him and his roommate after our DnD session. Sunday we are going rock climbing.

And I bought a bunch of really bright eyeshadow. He loves color.
  • octhawk
    Options
    These all sound great! @JustinAnimal you sound like a great husband! @roxielu0422 what's a WW meal?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Thanks! She's really done with being pregnant, so I'm trying to make life as tolerable as possible.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going to an all day swim clinic on Saturday then grab some Mexican food on the way home! :D
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Eat steak, watch a movie, and uh, whatever pops up lol ;)
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Our favorite local restaurant has 1/2 priced champagne and appetizers from 5:30 - 6:30 on Thursdays so we are going to celebrate this evening with bubbly and PEI mussels and truffle fries. Also received a large beautiful arrangement at the office this morning. On Saturday we are staying home and will grill a couple of nice filets and make some nice salads. We are off on Monday so I have planned a bike ride and a picnic at one or our local state parks. I've been working out like crazy and watching every calorie this week in anticipation of being able to enjoy all of this.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My love is planning our V-Day this year. He is always the voice in the back of my head (Well, the voice beside me usually) telling me that if I eat or go somewhere that does not have the foods I usually choose, I'll regret it. (I.E, last night. "I want chinese." "No babe, you'll regret that. How about Subway.") So I have 100% faith in him choosing a great place to go eat. We're going to dinner really early and I think he wants to go see a movie. :) He has a surprise for me and I am secretly hoping it involves glass bottles of diet rootbeer.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Babysitting then bowling, we never celebrate valentines day
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    we've decided to do nothing but just spend the day together. We get hit with anniversary on the 13th and then Valentine's day on the 14th.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well it's a Saturday and we have the kids so... who knows. We don't have any plan yet. Maybe we'll all go somewhere for lunch or something.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I buy my wife flowers regularly and actually refuse to buy them on some commercial holiday that isn't even real. We will not be joining the droves of cattle going out to dinner either; even higher end establishments end up going to *kitten* where quality and customer service are concerned on high volume nights like this.

Grandma is taking the kids for the night though which is nice...my wife and I rarely get alone time. We'll probably just hang out at home and screw in every room of the house like we used to before kids. I might makes something nice for dinner too...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Babysitting my grandchildren. There is a local pizza place that makes heart shaped pizzas on Valentine's Day and we'll probably get a couple of those.
  • Nerruse
    Nerruse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Working. =/ Also there's a big storm coming for the weekend so, meh. I had thought about getting together with my special friend ;) this weekend but not with the storm. His Mazda would never make it on our crappy, unplowed roads and there's no guest parking at his apartment with this ridiculous amount of snow everywhere so...no dice. Sigh.

Probably going to get home from work and Netflix/play games until I'm tired enough to pass out.

I am planning on making cookies to bring to work tomorrow, which is about the only food-related concession I'm making to the holiday.