How do I measure carbs, fat, and protein?

Options
Hello,
I'm trying to gain 20 lbs (I'm 122 right now). My calorie intake is 2,600. Every time I am on 1,300 or so, I get a massage saying, "be careful, you don't want to go over your carbohydrates limit" so I was wondering, how can I measure carbs, fat, and protein (I've been a bit short on the last two lately), so I can consume 2,600 calories, instead of 1,300 and getting that message and having to worry about going over it?

Replies

• beatnikragamuffin
    beatnikragamuffin Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    v2z5gxkkjrjn.jpg
    If you scroll to the bottom of your food diary there is a nutrition link. Click this and it will show you breakdown of your daily intake. 9tmz7m32xw60.jpg
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    With your current weight, you should be shooting for about 50 grams of fat and around 120 grams of protein. Try to adjust your macros to give you similar numbers. If you are having a hard time reaching those numbers, eat more meat, eggs, nuts or maybe try some whey protein. If you are trying to gain weight, carbs can be your friend, but you need sufficient amounts of protein and fat to keep as much of that weight gain to be from added muscle and not added fat.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand. Your goal is 2600 cals total for the day, but once you hit 1300 cals you are getting a warning? Is all 1300 calories coming from carbs?

Try pre-logging your meals so you can see how the things you are planning to eat add up. Then tweak things as necessary to stay within your macros.

Consider opening your diary so we can offer more meaningful advice.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That probably means you are getting mostly all your 1300 calories from carbs. If I eat an apple, my system would tell me that, as my ratios are different. But if you try for every meal to keep it at your macro percentages, you wont see those messages so often.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    dave4d wrote: »
    With your current weight, you should be shooting for about 50 grams of fat and around 120 grams of protein. Try to adjust your macros to give you similar numbers. If you are having a hard time reaching those numbers, eat more meat, eggs, nuts or maybe try some whey protein. If you are trying to gain weight, carbs can be your friend, but you need sufficient amounts of protein and fat to keep as much of that weight gain to be from added muscle and not added fat.

How do I figure out how many grams of profein, fat, and carbs I need?
  • iwishiwasbatman
    iwishiwasbatman Posts: 44
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand. Your goal is 2600 cals total for the day, but once you hit 1300 cals you are getting a warning? Is all 1300 calories coming from carbs?

Try pre-logging your meals so you can see how the things you are planning to eat add up. Then tweak things as necessary to stay within your macros.

Consider opening your diary so we can offer more meaningful advice.

How do I open my diary? I'm new to this app.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    92dqfhsvhnjs.jpg
    873do9m0tb1a.jpg
    Saosgno9lahor.jpg

So that's what happens.
    I don't usually go over my sugar.
    I do go over my vitamin C though.