Tall girls... I've lost a stone and nobody can see it! How about you?

Options
SDB210
SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
I'm 6'0 tall and have lost 14 lbs in just over 5 weeks and dropped a dress size (and my goal is to lose around another 19 lbs depending on how I feel when I get there! )
Anyway, I have only told a certain few people I'm dieting, and today, as I'm proud, I told my mother and father in law about my 14 lbs loss and they literally said "have you?" And looked me up and down as if to say "where?".
Being tall really is a blessing and a curse! It's so frustrating that it takes so much to actually notice the difference.
So any other tall girls... How much did you have to lose before anyone noticed?

Replies

• karynlbailey
    karynlbailey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4 and when I first started dieting it took me roughly 15kgs and two dress sizes before I tarted getting remarks all the time.
    The pros are when you gain weight it isn't so obvious......but it's also the con!

Great work on your loss though! :)
  • shone88
    shone88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 14lbs and no comments on the weight loss either. But I notice the difference so that's the main thing :)
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's true, no more muffin top in my favourite jeans definitely makes me happy! I also reckon I was pretty good at disguising that sort of thing before so people aren't likely to notice yet. I will give it time!
  • MjDebbi
    MjDebbi Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and have lost 18lb (with another 15 to go) . . . I've dropped one size and have one more to go. And while I know it's hard to see much difference so far, I know in the end it will. And more than that, it will feel damn good to me!!!
  • cat4life4
    cat4life4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It takes forever for anyone to notice a difference including me. At 6'1" and tending to lose all over and not one place after 10 pounds it goes like "did you change your hair?"

:s