Sugar Cravings

Options
i usually do really well with my diet until somebody drops candy in front of me. How do you control your sugar cravings?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Restraint and discipline.
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Don't have ANY. Two days ago there was candy at work and I grabbed a Jellybean thinking that one won't hurt.... I couldnt stop. I ate 3 bags of candy. Ugh. Maybe go and have a healthy snack like an apple or some other fruit. Replace one habit for a healthier one.
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Turn and run away!!! Lol
    This one is very hard for me because I LOVE sugar! I try to have some fruit on hand because then the fiber fills me up and scratches the itch instead of empty calories with a zillion pieces of candy. I don't keep it in the house.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has ever worked for me is to not have it in the house or desk. I also found with myself the longer i resisted the sweets the less I want them.
  • Fayzee49
    Options
    I am having a real problem lately with carbs...never mind just sugar! I just can't seem to stop even after I've eaten a couple of handfuls of M&Ms. I had weight loss surgery a year ago and my stomach is small but that doesn't stop me from putting carbs in it and then I feel stuffed. And the more carbs you eat, the more you want. The hard part is stopping eating it in the first place...ugh!!!
  • Blisspy
    Options
    My problem is that food is almost always on my mind
  • mrengineer001
    Options
    Omg, sugar is and always been a problem for me.
    I am like the biggest chocoholic you guys ever met.
    I try to avoid it at any cost. When it is not possible I putt in 20,30 min in cardio.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Restraint and discipline.

This.
    With time it gets easier.
    I choose my favorite sweets and make room for them once in a blue moon. I don't want to waste my treats on anything other than my favorites.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has ever worked for me is to not have it in the house or desk. I also found with myself the longer i resisted the sweets the less I want them.

I totally agree. It's been shown in studies lately to be addictive. When you wean yourself off you don't crave it.