Gaining weight on night shift

Options
Hi all!

I recently began eating cleaner and more diligently tracking my calories on MFP, and had a good amount of success (I lost 9 lbs! Woohoo!) However, I just started working the night shift last week, and although I'm eating the same amount of calories as before and the same foods, I inexplicably gained 4 lbs! Luckily, I haven't gained any more weight this week, but I can't seem to lose those 4 lbs, either. What gives? For those of you who work/have worked night shift, has this ever happened to you? How can I continue to lose weight while working nights? Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing its either stress, water retention, or a change in activity level. Maybe even when you are taking the measurement. I'd say that once you get used to the routine, things will be fine.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat? Just eating "clean" does not mean you aren't over eating. Total calorie matter, not how clean you eat.
  • tashmahal
    tashmahal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am still weighing and measuring everything, and eating the same amount of calories that I did before. The only thing that has changed is the times of day that I eat.