Eating too few calories >.<

Options
My goal for calories everyday is 1200, right? So i'm usually eating about 700 less than i should be after exercising and all that fun stuff. I just can't seem to eat enough so im not in "starvation mode."
But the thing is, if i eat how much i'm supposed to i get sick & feel awful.
:grumble:
What should i do???

Replies

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    My goal for calories everyday is 1200, right? So i'm usually eating about 700 less than i should be after exercising and all that fun stuff. I just can't seem to eat enough so im not in "starvation mode."
    But the thing is, if i eat how much i'm supposed to i get sick & feel awful.
    :grumble:
    What should i do???
  • lauraj828
    Options
    it's REALLY important to get in all of your calories. it will take a serious toll on your body if you don't.
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Eat things like almonds, coconut, avacado, fruit smoothies. These can add up to a whole lot of calories without actually feeling like you're eating so much.
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Eat things like almonds, coconut, avacado, fruit smoothies. These can add up to a whole lot of calories without actually feeling like you're eating so much.

I'll do that :wink:
    Thanks!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I've figured out that I am a nibbler.... 200-250 calories at a time eating the foods that Hustlerose told ya, several times a day. If you are a yogurt fan, try Fage total Greek yogurt with honey for a snack. 250 calories and lots of protein. It's my favorite indulgence (whispering it makes me feel naughty, like I am cheating lol lol)
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I often have the same problem, so I've got a few healthful snacks on hand to round out my day--a sachet of dried cranberries, raisins, and macadamia nuts is 254cals. Sweet, satisfying, and I don't feel like I'm having to stuff food in my mouth just to get up to count.

Look at the people on this site who have reached their long-term goals: all of them seem to agree that eating ALL of your calories is very important.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    You are eating your exercise calories, too, right? Gotta eat em if you wanna continue to lose in a healthy manner and not deprive yourself. :flowerforyou: Nuts, fruits, Peanut Butter, these are all things that have good calories in them (PB is kinda filling though). You want carbs before your workout for energy and protein after to help build the muscle. Also if you eat 6 small meals a day you don't stuff yourself and it's easier to consume calories needed. Hope that helped :ohwell: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Oh.........and fruit smoothies are bomb :drinker: :wink:
  • gonezobean
    Options
    snack all day. I felt the same way, once upon a year ago. I found that eating little mini meals or snacks really helped. it also slaps your metabolism in the face! Double bonus
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    I've figured out that I am a nibbler.... 200-250 calories at a time eating the foods that Hustlerose told ya, several times a day. If you are a yogurt fan, try Fage total Greek yogurt with honey for a snack. 250 calories and lots of protein. It's my favorite indulgence (whispering it makes me feel naughty, like I am cheating lol lol)

Oooh that sounds good. Lol i'll have to try that. Thanks! :wink:
    I often have the same problem, so I've got a few healthful snacks on hand to round out my day--a sachet of dried cranberries, raisins, and macadamia nuts is 254cals. Sweet, satisfying, and I don't feel like I'm having to stuff food in my mouth just to get up to count.

Look at the people on this site who have reached their long-term goals: all of them seem to agree that eating ALL of your calories is very important.

Mmm I think this post is helping me to get hungry :bigsmile:
    Thank you!!!
    You are eating your exercise calories, too, right? Gotta eat em if you wanna continue to lose in a healthy manner and not deprive yourself. flowerforyou Nuts, fruits, Peanut Butter, these are all things that have good calories in them (PB is kinda filling though). You want carbs before your workout for energy and protein after to help build the muscle. Also if you eat 6 small meals a day you don't stuff yourself and it's easier to consume calories needed. Hope that helped ohwell bigsmile flowerforyou

Oh.........and fruit smoothies are bomb drinker wink

That really helped i didn't know I was supposed to eat my exercise calories....lol :happy:
    Thank you very much :heart:
    snack all day. I felt the same way, once upon a year ago. I found that eating little mini meals or snacks really helped. it also slaps your metabolism in the face! Double bonus
    Sweet, thanks! :wink: