New Start

Options
After several years of sitting on my backside doing no exercise, I have decided to reverse the effects of the past few years.

I am 42yrs old, married with 2 kids.

Previously i had lost 3 stone to get down to 12st 4lbs. Sadly life got in the way and i have ballooned to 15st 12lbs. This happened when my latest kid came along and i no longer had the time to make it to the gym. Although i cook reasonably healthy food, I had a tendency to counteract this whilst at work by eating high fat foods and sweets, cakes etc. At present i am a heart attack waiting to happen, both parents died from this so i am a prime candidate.

I am fairly confident in my ability to do the exercise required and i have enough knowledge to know what foods to avoid and how to eat healthily.

Anyone who would like to add me and share any advice, then please feel free.

I will shift this excess weight. I have given myself a 6 month timescale to get most of the way there.

Arthur

Replies

• afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So far so good. managed to lose half a stone so far. getting to fit in a decent bit of exercise , including some time at the gym and a bit of walking.

so far not gone over my daily calorie target. currently have it st at 1650 calories. even looks like i will end today with having burned more calories than i have ate.
  • dtracey4
    Options
    You've done so well take it slow the more quick it comes off the more quick it goes on but your doing brill
  • afur73
    Options
    thank you for the kind words. i am in this for the long haul. i know it wont be easy at times but i will do it.
  • dme100
    dme100 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im in it for the long haul. I started August last year & it is not easy but I have managed to remain focused, just about! Please add me for mutual support, regards, Mark.
  • afur73
    Options
    Had a little boost this morning. Normally I restrict myself to weighing in once a week but today I stood on the scale. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was under the 15 stone mark for first time in a long time.

Made me smile.
  • afur73
    Options
    Quick update.

My weight loss has continued really well. Have now lost a total of 16lbs in just 5 weeks. Diet and exercise plans going well.