Banana pineapple chia seed pudding

Options
jlewisrn74
jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
2 banana's
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp chia seed
1c chooped pineapples (I use canned)
In mixer blend bananas and water until smooth. Pulse in pineapple. STir in chia seeds. Stir them good. Divide in jars (I use small canning jars) and refrigerate over night. Makes 3 large servings. Sooo yummy and sooo good for you!

Replies

• elfof2moons
    elfof2moons Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    calories? where do you buy chia seed?
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Ohh yumm!!! I'm been looking for a new chia seed pudding recipe.
  • jlewisrn74
    Options
    123 calories but this is a pretty big serving and packed full of nutrition! You can get chia seeds at any whole foods or sprouts or health food store. They are so good for you! Can be used as an egg replacement in backed goods too. I love this pudding. So fresh and yummy!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been seeing chia in regular stores now too usually in the spice aisle (odd) or at least where they stock flax seed. I also noticed little bags of it with Hispanic foods again with their spices.

Chia pudding yum! I need to make some today.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Think I will add marschino cherries.....as there are some in fridge to use up.
  • WebFootFreak
    WebFootFreak Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I need to try this... I have 2/3 bag of chia seeds that I need to use.

elfof2moons: I found mine in the "healthy" section of Kroger
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I have been looking for a recipe to incorporate the Chia Seeds into! Thank you.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Do the chia seeds have a taste? I've been wondering why people eat them...or is it just a textural thing?
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    This sounds tasty, does it last in the fridge for a day or two, or does it brown due to the bananas?
  • jlewisrn74
    Options
    It will turn brown but a day or two works. Actually makes the bananas sweeter. Chia seeds don't have a taste but if your a texture person may not like the texture. My husband says they feel like fish eggs. They get soft with the liquid. I like them though.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have this made & in the fridge. Used canned pineapple chuncks & subbed 1/2 C pineapple juice for the water.Can't wait to try it.
  • searunn
    searunn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding has a somewhat Tapioca texture to it.
  • jlewisrn74
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Have this made & in the fridge. Used canned pineapple chuncks & subbed 1/2 C pineapple juice for the water.Can't wait to try it.

Can't wait to hear how you like it! Let us know
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Ive made chia seed pudding with almond milk, chia, vanilla and honey, but never with pineapple and banana. Will definitely try it!
  • elfof2moons
    elfof2moons Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I added some strawberries. So good!!! Thanks!