Well I used to do fashion shows....

My freshman year and sophomore year of college I was in a modeling organization on campus and did countless shows. I was the same size I am now and was being put into scenes and cute outfits. For a year I haven't been in any shows by choice of course. I decided to put school first. Lately I have some extra time and now I want to get back into it. But No one wants me. I get called back for 2nd auditions and get turned away. I don't know what happened. I feel like now I really have to lose weight to compete with the other models. I was fine being the plus size model now I hate it. I can't even get on the cat walk anymore! :cry: :sad:
Ill post some pics up of my old modeling days if you'd like to see them!

111009.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• Funisweetsmart
    Funisweetsmart Posts: 32 Member
    My freshman year and sophomore year of college I was in a modeling organization on campus and did countless shows. I was the same size I am now and was being put into scenes and cute outfits. For a year I haven't been in any shows by choice of course. I decided to put school first. Lately I have some extra time and now I want to get back into it. But No one wants me. I get called back for 2nd auditions and get turned away. I don't know what happened. I feel like now I really have to lose weight to compete with the other models. I was fine being the plus size model now I hate it. I can't even get on the cat walk anymore! :cry: :sad:
    Ill post some pics up of my old modeling days if you'd like to see them!

111009.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Don't be discourage! I am a designer and picking models is a huge choice, however in your defense i choose curvy models because to me the clothes look better, just have confidence in your self and who you are becuase that will shine through more then anything. You may get turned down for a few before you get a gig, but once you do all of those turn downs won't matter anymore! Keep your head up with confidence! :flowerforyou:
  • Funisweetsmart
    Thanks for the support! :smile:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    I don't understand it, you are beautiful! I would much rather see clothes that fit real people than try and imagine what an outfit would look like on woman vs. a clothes hanger....because really some of these models are so thin that is all they are. Search the MFP topic skinny models and go down to #18 "Maybe you should eat that cookie". This is nothing you want to aspire to. Please don't let a few rejections get you down. If this is something you really want to do, keep at it. Hopefully, designers will recognize that beauty comes in all sizes....for your sake as well as ours.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Beauty and small size don't necessarily go hand in hand. You are beautiful inside and out, and don't let those petty rejections force you into losing weight for anyone but YOU.
  • Funisweetsmart
    I am losing weight for me. It was an activity I enjoyed doing and now it has been taken away from me.
    Thanks for the support!
    Keep up the great work!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Here's the link I was trying to tell you about...I will figure out this site eventually!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/29736-maybe-you-should-eat-that-cookie?hl=skinny+models&page=1#posts-285762