Sports Bras!!!! (for the ladies)

Options
So I haven't had to buy a sports bra in a while. And I've always bought the cheap walmart ones because the girls were too big to fit into a lot of the nicer ones you get at sports authority and whatnot. But not I have shrunk out of the old one and my last trip to the gym was quite painful without adequate support. What are some cheaper but higher impact supportive bra's I can try in the $20-$40 range? (it always stinks to try it on in the store and it feels fine and actually go running in it and it hurts your chest). Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    If you know your size, I would check Amazon. They frequently have more expensive bras on sale. Last summer I was able to get Shock Absorber Ultimate Run in a 38E for $23.70 and more recently I was able to get a Shock Absorber Ultimate Gym in 36E for $15. I also bought a La Isla Women's Racer Back, because it looked very similar to the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run (literally identical expect for where it says Shock Absorber on the old bra, it says "Sport")....I wanted to try it out since it is a fraction of the cost ($23.99 vs current price of $41.99) and a few reviews said it preformed the same as the Shock Absorber. I haven't gotten to try it yet. USPS dropped it into a parcel locker for the neighborhood...needless to say it is now stuck inside the parcel locker and has been for 2 weeks. :angry: All the post office will tell me is that they need to get their locksmith out to the locker to look at it.
  • runner359
    runner359 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Go to moving comfort website and look at sale bras. Use the "sports bra finder" questionnaire to be sure you buy the right one for you and what you do. Just got one for 30 bucks free shipping too. Very good quality high impact bras for larger sizes.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    runner359 wrote: »
    Go to moving comfort website and look at sale bras. Use the "sports bra finder" questionnaire to be sure you buy the right one for you and what you do. Just got one for 30 bucks free shipping too. Very good quality high impact bras for larger sizes.

I am in Canada and found several Moving Comfort bras on sale as well (you don't mention what country you are in) at MEC and the Running Room. I love them and paid $24 for the second one. First one I got for around $30.
    I used their website and bra finder to pick a bra and size then found it on sale.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    This such a big issue. I had to special order decent support bras when I was biggers, if you think running is bad, try flopping thru the ski moguls. Yuck
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    lilbea89 wrote: »
    So I haven't had to buy a sports bra in a while. And I've always bought the cheap walmart ones because the girls were too big to fit into a lot of the nicer ones you get at sports authority and whatnot. But not I have shrunk out of the old one and my last trip to the gym was quite painful without adequate support. What are some cheaper but higher impact supportive bra's I can try in the $20-$40 range? (it always stinks to try it on in the store and it feels fine and actually go running in it and it hurts your chest). Thanks!

Oh my goodness the best thing I ever learned was to get two types of sports bras from Walmart one that has straps and one that criss crosses wear one of each! trust me it's great! I love it and I just got a fitness trampoline and am in a D cup so trust me they have been tested!!!! LOL
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like to double-up on sports bras. It works better than even the most expensive "high-impact" bra, IMO. I generally use one with a bit of shape/molding first (no underwires, i HATE that), then a slightly larger, but non-structured one on top of it. Keeps the ladies nice'n'still for any activity.
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My favorite sport's bras come from Lane Bryant and they work fine for me... plus they're always super cute!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I buy Moving Comfort which are more pricey but SO worth it. I've had one for like three years now and it's still AMAZING.
  • caskettfan
    caskettfan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kohl's carries a Fila high impact sports bra that I love. I think it costs around $25.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have some high impact ones from Victoria's Secret. But most of the time, I jsut wear 2 of the cheap ones (36D).
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    what??? no pictures ?
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort sports bras are very good. Also like Enell, if you're large on top. Another is Freya sports bras, but all of the above are pricey. Worth every penny though. Sometimes the Moving Comfort bras are on sale for $33 on the Bare Necessities website.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort are AMAZING! I am a DDD and those bras even work while wet. I wore one under my swimsuit during a triathlon.
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has one called incredible sports bra. It is the best! No uniboob :) It's a little pricey, but I just wait till I get an email coupon and pay about $35.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I'm just here so I won't get fined