How to keep exercise calories from being added back to my daily goal??

Options
does anyone know if there is a way to NOT have my exercise calories added to my daily goal??? I'm trying to stay at 1436 calories, per my trainer's recommendation without doing more of my own math!

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    When you enter the exercise, edit the calorie burn to 1
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'll see if I can locate that, But i haven't been entering any exercises -- just logging meals.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Then how are your exercise calories bring added in, if your not logging them?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Then how are your exercise calories bring added in, if your not logging them?
    Good question.

But if it turns out that you ARE in fact entering exercise, enter the cals burned as .1 - the system doesn't do the decimal and will log is as 0, and your goals remain unchanged.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Why track exercise here if you're not using MFP's system?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll see if I can locate that, But i haven't been entering any exercises -- just logging meals.

After you log each exercise, just click the item and it will give you an option to edit either the duration or the calorie burn for each exercise. Switch it to 1
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Disconnect Garmin Connect if you don't want the extra calories
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'm using MFP for tracking my meals and to connect with weight-loss friends. I will try to figure out how to separate my garmin connect from MFP....that will put me where I really want to be. Thanks everyone!