Yoga

Options
any fellow yoga lovers on here? I'd love to connect/share resources! I'm a 100% self taught at-home yogini and it is my fave form of exercise. I have a lot of great websites/apps that I work from, but I'm always looking for more :)

Replies

• anilkasliwal
    anilkasliwal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do Pranayam and Suryanamaskar every day. It has helped me alot. It toned up my body and mind.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi, (sorry my first langage is not english)

If you have lots of ressources then you probably know this website: http://www.doyogawithme.com/

What is amazing for self taught people who love a bit of guidance, is the section "programs". There you have the possibily to download the programs. (at first I thought you had to make a donation to be able to download the programs but if you just write "0" you can download it for free).

I'm currently looking for some motivation so feel free to add me as a friend ;)
  • mackardi
    mackardi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did know about the site but I didn't know that you could write 0 and get it for free! I'm definitely doing fitness on a budget so that's awesome :)
  • mackardi
    Options
    I do Pranayam and Suryanamaskar every day. It has helped me alot. It toned up my body and mind.

I love my inner shape up more than my outer shape up! It radiates!!
  • estud003
    estud003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another huge doyogawithme fan! I only practice 1 - 2 x a week for relaxation purposes. The benefits are amazing

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    mackardi wrote: »
    I did know about the site but I didn't know that you could write 0 and get it for free! I'm definitely doing fitness on a budget so that's awesome :)

It is indeed.
    It's the same for me. I will for sure give them a little money when I will have some to spare because I think they so deserve it but right now I really appreciate having it for free. It's a great tool.
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube got me started, just finished the 30 day challenge :D
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that website. I've been looking to try yoga and didn't know where to start, that site looks great.

• rdvorak
    rdvorak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lsabeIIe wrote: »
    Hi, (sorry my first langage is not english)

If you have lots of ressources then you probably know this website: http://www.doyogawithme.com/

What is amazing for self taught people who love a bit of guidance, is the section "programs". There you have the possibily to download the programs. (at first I thought you had to make a donation to be able to download the programs but if you just write "0" you can download it for free).

I'm currently looking for some motivation so feel free to add me as a friend ;)

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely check it out :)
  • DangerousDUCK
    DangerousDUCK Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Should be attending my first class this week :)
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yoga is part of my everyday routine. I do it on my own and with Yoga with Adriene videos. I'm relatively new to it, but I am loving it!
  • gonepostal72
    gonepostal72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like The Biggest Loser yoga workout.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I hated yoga when I first started it. I really did. Honestly, I only did it because there was a cute girl in one of the classes.

Now that I've done it for almost a year though, it's awesome, and I couldn't live without it. No other exercise has singlehandedly helped my stress, flexibility, balance, and strength all at once.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I had always been so afraid of trying yoga. I had tried doing videos and just didn't feel the connection. This last summer I started going to classes. Now I am up to 2-3x per week and I feel great! My form has improved so much and I have found having the personal attention of a teacher to be invaluable.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Huge yoga fan. I do it twice a day. My morning is just simple sun salutations. Afternoons are more challenging. What I do now is pick a pose I want to achieve, and write my own routines to get me where I want to be. It's amazing what I've been able to achieve (if I don't say so myself ;) ).

I take a Vinyasa/Flow class every week, too - now that's a huge challenge because my instructor teaches you the routine and then you do it to fast paced music. So it's like yoga dance - I love it.

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    There is a yoga group on MFP if you're interested:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1484-generic-yoga-group
  • mamasage
    mamasage Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love it! I tend to do heated Vinyasa but am looking to expand on my at home practice as well.
  • junestarrr
    junestarrr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've been doing yoga at home and in classes on and off for about a decade. I loooove yinyasa (flow) yoga. Somebody else mentioned it already, but Yoga With Adriene on Youtube is absolutely fabulous. She is such a great and funny instructor. Highly recommended.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Ive always wanted to do yoga. I can sense that id love it. The other day i did a "beginner" (ha) yoga video i found on youtube. I honestly could barely keep up. And i have alot of weight to lose but im not THAT out of shape. I do 30day shred and cardio with some weights. Any suggestions on a video to start with? I cant see me going to a class just yet
  • mackardi
    Options
    picnic2day wrote: »
    Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube got me started, just finished the 30 day challenge :D

Awesome! Thank you!!