Hey everyone!

Options
Thought I'd introduce myself since I anticipate spending more time on this app. To keep it short, I'm 23 years old and I live in California with my husband and two dogs. I'm trying to get to my goal weight of 115 pounds before June 15 when we leave for our annual Hawaii trip. Fingers crossed that happens. Anyways, I'm also a MAJOR fast food addict. I grew up pretty poor and it was all my parents could afford so naturally I developed an addiction to it. Seriously...it's all I want to eat! Burgers, fries, pizza. You know..the good stuff? Any tips on beating that addiction? I know about moderation and cheat days but even that's unbearable.
Any advice would be appreciated :)

Replies

• Nickflores215
    Nickflores215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just don't have time to make "health choices" it's so easy to just go pick up a cheap meal at a restaurant. What's helping me is actually telling all my friends im on a diet. So when we go out to eat I feel obligated to make healthy choices because I have to live up to my word
  • Zack_McVey
    Zack_McVey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Honestly you can still eat fast food, but in moderation. If you have to do some research of healthier choices of your favorite foods.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I eat good 5 days of the week, and splurge a bit with junk on the weekend. Dropping weight is simple: burn more calories than you take in.

Follow the MFP daily goals, and you will drop pounds.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Same. Oddly enough TV dinners kind of started my road to recovery. Probably not much better in quality but the portion control helped out.
  • Yogafit28
    Yogafit28 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey girl add me and we can talk :) Honestly I grew up the same way- my parents were never home so they just gave us fast food a lot (I come from a HUGE family) and didn't really watch what we ate. My advice is to try and get more in tune with your body (I did it through yoga) and just try to gradually wean it out. After trying to go back to the bad foods even for a cheat day I don't feel so good after keeping a clean diet. When you start to fill yourself with a good amount of healthy fresh fruits and veg you will lose taste for the bad stuff but it takes a while! Maybe start by eating it moderately on the weekends, while doing a whole foods diet during the week and work your way towards a healthier diet. Hope this helps a bit :) I know food can be very addicting especially with all the sugar and salt and preservatives they put in fast food- stick it out long enough and it will get easier!