Style question for guys and gals

Options
2»

Replies

• MoriahJN
    MoriahJN Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I think when guys say they like "no makeup" sometimes they mean literally that but often it means "that no-makeup look" because, let's be honest, NO makeup often looks not so great :P
  • Mommaannie2510
    Mommaannie2510 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    MoriahJN wrote: »
    I think when guys say they like "no makeup" sometimes they mean literally that but often it means "that no-makeup look" because, let's be honest, NO makeup often looks not so great :P

I agree too! Some days I can't even look at myself lol
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options

5eshw6fq82rc.jpg

I particularly like the footwear ! Galoshes? Ballet slippers?
    No need to choose. Wear one of each ! :)

• MoriahJN
    Options
    Should guys wear skinny jeans?

generally, no, but I've seen them worn well, so it depends on the jeans and the guy.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Never trust a guy when he says he prefers girls without makeup. We almost universally have no clue how much a girl is wearing. I used to wear makeup for a weekly performance thing I was involved with, so I think I have a slightly better than average sense of it, and I'm still deaf and blind compared to even the most tomboyish woman.

I think most of them mean they don't like the over the top club look that a lot of girls tend to go with, or that they don't like the intense colors around the eyes, or the whole remove the eyebrows then pencil them back on thing. If a girl is going for the natural look, she could have Louis the XIV style pancake makeup on and most of us are incapable of figuring it out.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I prefer little to no makeup. As far as dressing, I'm ok with a woman wearing jeans and tee shirt one day, and nice tight, short skirt next. I never tell a woman how to dress, I let her do whatever.
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    Should guys wear skinny jeans?

Only with ironic t-shirts while talking about how they were into Arcade Fire back before they went mainstream.
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Hmm I like a girl who is well dressed, and that does not where a lot of makeup. I mean if your already attractive then what would be the point of covering it up?
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Please! For the love of my eyes, guys stop wearing skinny jeans! Let alone saggy skinny jeans!! Ladies, if your male friends are wearing those, please tell them it's not healthy! It's like a woman wearing see through tights, while wearing a thong in Walmart or the mall. It's not flattering or cool. It's disgusting.
  • MoriahJN
    Options
    haha, okay. super tight skinny jeans are an absolute no-go for anyone. but if they're loose enough that they basically look like normal jeans with a narrower leg, I'm fine with it.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    That's different though. I'm talking about dudes wearing jeans that look like tights.
  • MoriahJN
    Options
    that's a HUGE no-go for me. agreed!
  • Khukhullatus
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    That's different though. I'm talking about dudes wearing jeans that look like tights.

You mean I shouldn't wear my jeggings?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Good hygiene is nice - I'm a casual person myself when it comes to fashion and makeup. I think makeup should be used with a light touch to enhance your features, not cover up your identity. You should look like yourself when you're done. Always weird to see someone who wears heavy makeup without it for the first time. Sometimes the person is totally unrecognizable... :o