low Carb (Atkins) diet....amazing results.

Options
2»

Replies

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    While I am not doing Atkins or any "diet", I am paying more attention to my protein vs carbs intake. It does make a difference for me with not binging.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 2 pound victory - and your past weight lost! That is amazing!

I did low carb/Adkins pretty hard core for 8 months in 2013 and lost 90 pounds. I lost it really quickly, however I did incorporate exercise as well.

Since then I have tried a calorie counting, low fat diet, but I didn't do as well. I do better cutting items out rather than having just a little. - Yogurt is a total binge trigger for me.

Since last summer I have gained 10 pounds back, so I am back to the hard core low carb diet now (sticking to under 20 grams net), although it is coming off very slowly compared to my first rodeo -- incredibly frustrating but I am sticking to it, I know it works.

I feel way better on this diet that I did on Low fat, but I think it's mostly due to very few processed foods- (except liquid sweetener!). The hardest thing about low carb is that you have to make everything from scratch. I don't eat any of the Adkins meals or snacks and try to reach for the fresh ingredients first. I also try not to eat too much protein -- that can cause your body to store glucose and kick you out of ketosis.
  • tiffanyjfisher
    Options
    I have always done a low carb diet to loose weight. It started when I saw my mom loose over 100 lbs! I was a Jr. in High School the first time I did it and lost 25 lbs. since then, I did the diet after I had my son...I gained 50 lbs with him and most it all in 3 months. I just recently had my second child, gained 38 lbs, she is 8 weeks old today and I only have 10 more lbs to loose! It works!! I also exercise 5 days a week.
  • vikkir8
    vikkir8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jujmatt wrote: »
    I started doing the low carb diet officially 2 weeks ago today. I say officially bc the week before I started, I just cut back on food consumption. As of today I've lost 11 pounds! I could not be more thrilled. I decided to give this diet a try, as it has way more things I can eat and enjoy. I've tried the low calorie, but it eels I was ALWAYS hungry. On this particular diet I don't get the hunger pangs as before. I'm ready to try and reach my goal of 50 pounds. Once I incorporate moderate exercise I feel even more weight will come off. My biggest downfall is that I have a sweet tooth! If anyone has any good dessert options let me know!

Try mixing full fat coconut milk 400ml with 3 tables coco powder and a few drops of vanilla essence. Mix well and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours. 4 servings from this. Check the carb content for both but should average about 3.4g carbs per portion.
  • santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have bought that quikcarb for baking and my muffins are only 1 carb per muffin and 68 calories its great. Also that slim carb free noodles from Holland & Barrett are great too. So I can have my cake and eat it.