Can somebody please tell me WHY?

Options
2»

Replies

• sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    We dont know how hard she is working, just she is doing something twice a day.

I jogg for an hour and do erobics jeneral 30 minits or more depending on the mood of the day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So you guys are suggesting I stop working out and watch what I eat and logg my food? That's all?

Where does it say stop working out? Do you understand how weight loss works?
    Are you logging your food?
    Are you weighing your food?
    Are you counting calories?
    Why are you expecting near instant results?

You ask us a question but give us very few details.
    I am logging weighing and counting my calories I'm not expecting near instant results but I desire to see a little movement in the numbers on the scale

This is where you're going wrong... It's not all about the scales. Relying just on scale weight as a method of tracking progress will not give you the gratification you want.

I took it she was weighing her food, but it's unclear. Still goes back to post#1 though.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm talking about the OP weighing herself not food.
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ignore the scales and keep at it, change is still happening under the scenes. Maybe take measurements of your body as a better indicator of loss i.e. waist, hips and neck.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    So you guys are suggesting I stop working out and watch what I eat and logg my food? That's all?

Where does it say stop working out? Do you understand how weight loss works?
    Are you logging your food?
    Are you weighing your food?
    Are you counting calories?
    Why are you expecting near instant results?

You ask us a question but give us very few details.
    I am logging weighing and counting my calories I'm not expecting near instant results but I desire to see a little movement in the numbers on the scale

This is where you're going wrong... It's not all about the scales. Relying just on scale weight as a method of tracking progress will not give you the gratification you want.

I took it she was weighing her food, but it's unclear. Still goes back to post#1 though.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm talking about the OP weighing herself not food.

Personally I actually think the scale is a pretty good metric if weight loss is a stated goal. According to her ticker she wishes to drop 39 lbs. For me, there's only so much "I think my muscles are looking more defined and I feel better" that would satisfy me before I start wondering again WTH is going on with the scale :)

OP, that's not to say I disagree with the advice that's been given - hang in there, sometimes it takes the scales a minute to shift. If you've been doing this for a month though I would think exercise related water retention should start to resolve itself and the scale should start moving over the next week or two. Also read the stickies and see if there's anywhere in your food logging that needs to be tweaked. You're working very hard and if you're consuming sneaky calories you may not see the results you want

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why are you working out twice a day?
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Because I want to transform my body from being flabby to being toned and healthy and I also want to loose weight
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That is frustrating. I hear you.

January was like that for me. I worked really hard and did pretty good with my calories and the scale would not budge at all.

If you are weighing daily I suggest that you give yourself a mental break and switch to weekly. This month I have switched to weighing only once a week just to give my brain a break from worrying about the scale. So far this month the weight is coming off again. (Stress alone can stop progress because of the chemicals it releases into the body.)

Maybe focusing on other ways you are progressing could help you until your body is ready to the drop the weight. For example this month instead of the scale I have focused on lifting heavier weights as a goal, running my miles faster than last month, etc.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

no, they are saying stop weighing yourself every day, keep doing what you are doing, and the weight will come off. < this assumes you are in a calorie deficit…

do you own a food scale? weigh/log/measure everything?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Because I want to transform my body from being flabby to being toned and healthy and I also want to loose weight

i would suggest you look into strong lifts 5x5 and ditch the two a day work outs….

over training is real...

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

I would suggest you have some patience.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

I'm not arguing with you. I'm talking about the OP weighing herself not food. [/quote]

Just saying her answer was ambiguous as to whether it was kitchen scales or bathroom.

Now she has mentioned how much exercise she is doing, then 1.5hrs a day of jogging and a bit of aerobics isnt excessive imo. Its not going to transform her body though and has already been mentioned she needs to do some resistance training.

Its hard to say whether she should be losing or not without a look at an accurate diary.

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options

You're not going to achieve your goal with cardio alone. Cardo is good for burning calories and muscular endurance, not hypertrophy. In order to tone your body you need to add anaerobic exercise to your program (working out with weights). If you're into the class exercises find a "women on weights" class, or a "boot camp" class if you can't find a weights class.

You CAN NOT viably tell how well a diet and exercise plan is going until AT LEAST a month from the start. Your body does all sorts of nutty things when you're first starting. Your cortisone goes up, water weight goes up and down, muscles pump, random things happen. It's just your body adjusting to the new workload. Don't change anything (except the type of exercise you're doing) until you get at least a month into it...except maybe eat more protein. Muscles need protein to tone/grow properly.