So Frustrating!

Options
Well today was the day...I gained a pound instead of losing.

I have lost 48 pounds so far and was really looking forward to that extra 2 to make it to 50. But nope! BAM gained a pound.

Anybody struggle with gaining on their weekly weigh in? This is my first gained pound since July. I'll stay the same...lose some...but I haven't gained yet. URRRGGHH.

Replies

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    absolutely, weight loss is not linear - don't sweat it!
    it happens more and more when you get closer to your goal too just keep going forward.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Did you eat a lot of salt yesterday? Are you extra sore today? Your body sometimes retains extra water weight and it can cause fluctuation on the scale. Don't fret it. Log it and stick with your plan. I agree with @jessupbrady, weightloss is definitely not linear.
  • amydadeyrhodes
    amydadeyrhodes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I totally understand where you are coming from. Congrats on not gaining since July and on losing 48 pounds total. I go up and down quite often. It is due to medication I am on. It's frustrating. Try not to let it affect you or ruin your weekend. God knows I have done that a million times. Just take a step back, regroup and kick butt next week. I think it is awesome what you are doing and that you have been successful so far. I hope this helps you.
  • StephJC81
    StephJC81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Take a sledghammer to your scale...Seriously...The best way to stay focused on your goals is by your measurements and by the way your clothes feel. So you gained a pound..so what? There's so many factors.....muscle gain, water retention, time of the month, etc. Never let your scale get the better of you! Chin up and stay focused! :)
  • deoliveiraf
    deoliveiraf Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weight can easily fluctuate a couple pounds each day, even throughout the day based on your hydration. This 'gain' is not a setback. Just focus on the 48 pounds you've lost thus far, and keep marching forward.
    I had lost 25 pounds, and then within a +5/-1 pound range for months. Then suddenly another 5 pounds came off in under a month (i have been targeting 0.5 pound/week loss).
    Focus on the finish line, not just the next interval marker.