Why

Options
Some days i feel and look big and some days i feel smaller. I'm doing progressive overload training hard so it can't be the workout, so what is it ??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Everyone has fat days and thin days whether they're losing, gaining or maintaining!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    we all get days like that, I think its more a mental thing...I actually thought it was more women who felt like this more so than men so I've learned something today LOL :smiley:
    I feel bloated/bigger when I've overdone the sodium or sugar, and of course those dratted hormones also contribute :neutral_face: .
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The worst is when your brain tricks you into thinking you are puffy and small - two mutually exclusive states.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Water weight + carb intake can make major differences in fullness from day to day.

For example, days when I'm <200g/carbs the day prior, I wake up flat and can't get *kitten* for a pump at the gym + will usually drop 4-5lbs over night in water.

Days when I consume 300+g/carbs the day prior, I'll be full, have a hell of a pump, and am usually balanced (or slightly heavier) in the morning from water.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Everyone has fat days and thin days whether they're losing, gaining or maintaining!

This. I feel most of that is mental.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Psychological and physiological as above. Bump, bloating, the way you feel you look. It's a long process so you won't change much from day-to-day or week-to-week so if you start feeling you are then it's mostly a psychological thing -- unless you have a huge pump on then it's both.