Anyone ever feel like...

Options
Willowy_Jen
Willowy_Jen Posts: 40 Member
Just curling up in bed and giving up on everything?
Seems like there is always something going wrong and just as you find a solution to one problem 2 more arise. It's like problems never go away...
So overwhelming....

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Seems like there is always something going wrong and just as you find a solution to one problem 2 more arise. It's like problems never go away...
    So overwhelming....
    Last night I made out with a bag of PB M&M's. She said she was very discreet.

I feel ya. But today I didn't get hit by a car, so it is a good start. LOL
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Yes, well, you choose how you react to the challenges of life.

Everything is an opportunity for growth. Literally everything.

Feel better. . . :flowerforyou:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I like problems. They provide excitement and mystery. :huh:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I felt like crawling into bed and hiding yesterday but ya know what?? Today's a NEW day! keep your chin up
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It's not life that brings us down..it's how we deal with it! Keep your head up! Good Luck!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    So overwhelming....

I know JUST how you feel....having the same kind of day...if you need someone to talk to....feel free:)
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! Infact, much to my embarasment, I actually have done this. Just crawled in with the TV on (not that I was paying attention to it) and just laid there. Life can sometimes be incredibly overwhelming and your brain can only process so much.

I basically shut down. It happens every once inawhile. However, if it becomes the norm some help might be needed :)
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    YES i've learned the hard way, the problems don't go away and in fact multiply like mating bunnies. I have to admit I was 'out for lunch' for over ten years...

When things are bad I figure, well, I might have woken up on the wrong side of the bed but at least I didn't wake up in a dumpster.
    And if I'm awake - it means I'm not dead!!! :laugh:
    I'm not trying to make light of your feelings, but for me, it's easier to persevere if I can laugh at myself. :bigsmile:

Hang in there, hon! :flowerforyou: Pick yourself up because you deserve the best. Keep going...
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    A bad day is a bad day. Sometimes, just take the day to get over it, and pick yourself up and move on.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't feel that way sometimes? I have seen enough in my life to KNOW with absolute certainty that there are things out there that are worse than death. But I try to remain mindful and thankful for all that I have in life. It's largely a mental conditioning thing.

Every day above ground is a good day.- Me

"Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It's called life.
  • Willowy_Jen
    Willowy_Jen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nice to see there are others out there like me. Not that its a good thing... but at least I know I'm not alone in this feeling.
  • Tic_Tac_Toe
    Tic_Tac_Toe Posts: 33
    Options
    You're not alone. Chin up :o)
    Options

]Last night I made out with a bag of PB M&M's.

Hawt.
    Options
    Nice to see there are others out there like me. Not that its a good thing... but at least I know I'm not alone in this feeling.

Problems tend to have a snowball effect. You are faced with one and then all the other ones start to seem more difficult to deal with. It can get the best of us, you are TOTALLY not alone...although, that doesn't make it any less hard to deal with.

Hope things get better soon!
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yup! totally know how you feel! Have done it a lot in the past!! Unfortunately at that time I didn't have the amazing support network (luv you guys! :D) that I do now and it became too much of a habit because it was easier than facing the world. Its never a long term solution, things do just get worse if you bury your head.

However, life for me is different now because this site is just crammed with friends who are sooo supportive an loving (in the right way!) so please don't feel that you have to try and cope with things on your own. I know I'll talk over anything you are having a hard time with and I'm sure theres a lot of other people here who will gladly do the same :)

So, chin-up chick, ok? Things WILL get better.