Discouraged!!

Options
i exercised everyday this week and ate fruit and veggies! Why did I gain 2 lbs.. This really has me very discouraged!

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food out?
  • Yes I've been eating less than my allotted amount. Not sure what happened. I was losing 2-3 lbs a week this week was a gain.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    You did not answer my question OP? Yes it makes a huge difference from eyeballing foods to weighing foods to know how many calories you eat.
  • No I do not weigh my foods
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    No I do not weigh my foods

So if you do not know how many calories you are taking in can you really be mad about the results. Not to say that people need to weigh foods to lose weight. I didn't at first but with using the food scale losing weight turns into a math problems. An easy math problem at that too.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Great article. Also it can be water rentention. Your food log would tell more than the OP.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This video is also helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    two pounds is nothing. relax.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not linear. This is the last 6 months, I lost 24 lbs.

vi0bxnad4gye.jpg

Be patient and consistent. You should wait 3 weeks before declaring something doesn't work. And those 3 weeks of data will help you determine what changes you should make.

Some things can explain a 3-5 lbs fluctuation. Sodium intake, muscle recovery, etc.

Fueling your workouts properly is also very important. Maybe add some protein?
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Water retention, the meal you ate last night, a shift in the earths gravity? Who knows, but the point is that sometimes the scale ticks up. Keep doing what you're doing and it'll go back down.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great video!
  • mandahon3
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

The difference in measuring vs. weighing is astounding! I think I am going to get a food scale tonight!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    mandahon3 wrote: »

The difference in measuring vs. weighing is astounding! I think I am going to get a food scale tonight!

I have a scale and use it mostly for carbs and protein. The difference really is shocking!! Thanks for posting!
  • emartins1975
    emartins1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    No I do not weigh my foods

So if you do not know how many calories you are taking in can you really be mad about the results. Not to say that people need to weigh foods to lose weight. I didn't at first but with using the food scale losing weight turns into a math problems. An easy math problem at that too.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Great article. Also it can be water rentention. Your food log would tell more than the OP.

I agree! weigh your food!
  • emartins1975
    emartins1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Awesome video!
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Surprisingly counting calories is easier with a scale. There no guessing. Weigh it log it and get to your goals quicker.

• MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Are you eating ENOUGH??? If you are exercising every day and not eating at least SOME of your calories back, your body could be holding on to the weight, as a sort of "Starvation Mode" (I really don't like that term, but used for lack of a better word).
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Are you eating ENOUGH??? If you are exercising every day and not eating at least SOME of your calories back, your body could be holding on to the weight, as a sort of "Starvation Mode" (I really don't like that term, but used for lack of a better word).

How can eating more help you lose weight?

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

How can eating more help you lose weight?

i saved more money when i made less. when i was working for just over minimum wage, i would save so much money and make very good decisions with my spending.

now i make considerably more, and i'm not very conscious of how much i save or spend.

the body is a lot like that. don't fuel it enough, and it will start to store food as energy. body systems slow down. you might start feeling sleepier, lethargic, moodiness. it's all your body trying to conserve energy.

feed it more, and you have more energy to do everything... including lose weight.