Very discouraged

Options
I stay under my calories every day. last Sunday got on my Aria scale weight was 240, get on this morning shows me at 244. I have cut out carbs all together so what Ivan be wrong. Does anyone else have the Aria scale and is it accurate?

Replies

• Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Are you doing exercise with your diet? Sometimes just decreasing calories can slow your metabolism unless you exercise to keep it revved up. A good way to decrease calories and keep your metabolism up if you are not able to exercise much is to divide your daily calories into 6 smaller meals spaced a few hours apart, that will keep your metabolism up and help you not to get too hungry while dieting. Also, carbs are not a bad thing in moderation but you want to take in mainly complex carbs like whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, and brown rice. I hope this helps :)
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    A couple of things: are you weighing your food (not measuring, WEIGHING)? Are you staying at or under your calorie goal? Are you exercising and if so, did you just start?

These are all factors that could be at play.
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Also, weight fluctuates so you don't want to weigh yourself daily. I would maybe pick one day a week when you weigh in and do it in the morning after emptying bowels and bladder and before you eat or drink anything.
  • crownjewel82
    crownjewel82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Your body weight can fluctuate daily based on water retention and other things. Try weighing yourself every morning after going to the bathroom and without clothes. If you record these you can see how your weight is trending over the course of a couple of weeks. If your weight is trending up try shaving 250 calories from your daily calorie goal preferably by adding exercise. Remember that the formulas and advice are to give you the general idea. You have to do what actually works for you.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Jasonmylis wrote: »
    Are you doing exercise with your diet? Sometimes just decreasing calories can slow your metabolism unless you exercise to keep it revved up. A good way to decrease calories and keep your metabolism up if you are not able to exercise much is to divide your daily calories into 6 smaller meals spaced a few hours apart, that will keep your metabolism up and help you not to get too hungry while dieting. Also, carbs are not a bad thing in moderation but you want to take in mainly complex carbs like whole grain bread, whole grain pasta, and brown rice. I hope this helps :)

The bolded part of your statement is incorrect. Meal timing has nothing to do with metabolic rate.

I do agree with you that eating steadily throughout the day helps to not overeat. Personally, if I don't eat every few hours I get SO hungry that I eat whatever is closest/easiest, which often is not nutritious.