Gym induction this morning

Options
Well.. here we go.. booked myself in for gym induction at the local leisure centre this morning. Am hoping to go two or three times a week. Does the induction just mean they say this is the machine, this is how you use it.. off you go... or do some draw up an exercise plan suitable for individual persons?

Replies

• HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine came with 2 introductory sessions which were just to show me around and avoid hurting myself, and one personal trainer session which was great and she showed me some exercises/talked about nutrition. I found it helpful to start off to with the stationary bike because I've done it before, then slowly wormed in the weight machines, and now I've started squats with the barbell and some kettle bell exercises. Take your time and find what works for you! Just don't give up :)
  • nikifavorido
    nikifavorido Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good morning :) Thanks for advice. I have no intention of giving up (then again, how often have we ALL said that! lol). Even though the weather is totally atrocious out there (I'm in West Wales, UK), not stopping me from going out. I know I need to concentrate mainly on the cardio side of things, and I haven't a clue when it comes to weights to tone up. Will let you all know how it goes when I get back
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sometimes they'll try and sign you up for personal training sessions, or certain classes, but they're not mandatory.

You're just guided around and shown how the machines work, generally.
  • nikifavorido
    nikifavorido Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The hardest part was walking through those gym doors with the eyes of very fit bods of both sexes watching. However, the instructor was great, very informative and very helpful. I did half hour there yesterday, am back up there tomorrow, to again get used to the machines, then I have another appointment with him next Wed and Fri so he can show me the weights machines and find out which ones suit me and which don't. He then says week after that he will formulate a training programme for me.. At last :smile: A PROPER training programme. I can't wait to get started. :laugh:
  • BElizabeth53
    BElizabeth53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have just signed up for a 1 hour session with a trainer at our local wellness centre. I have been going there 3-4 days a week just to walk the track for an hour (sidewalks are a mess right now and not walkable). Just coming off of major surgery in October so its taken me awhile to get my balance back. I've asked him to come up with some exercises to strengthen my wrists and arms as I lost feeling in both hands for about 3 weeks. I know he is going to do some basic fitness tests - heart, blood pressure, lung capacity and grip strength first. Like you said - I can't wait to get started.