YAYOG results anyone?

Options
vvallentyne
vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Anybody know about YAYOG (you are your own gym)? I wanna avoid paying for a gym membership if I can. And, I want strength! :smiley:

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few weeks and it's pretty good. Of course, there's nothing to it.......just body weight exercises with varying degrees of difficulty (elevated, single limb, unstable platform, and even add weights if you have them).

You work a different section each day, and you either do ladders, tabata, and a few other styles, with the styles increasing in difficulty as you progress.

I definitely enjoyed the workout, and the book that the workout's creator wrote is some pretty good reading as well. There's also an app that takes you through the workout with a timer and the ability to log your reps (at least there is one for Android, not sure about Apple).
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    There are lots of bodyweight resources out there. Yayog is just one. You can get very strong from bodyweight training.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It's a good book for beginners. Feel free, though, to ignore what the author says about cardio/aerobic exercise. He doesn't like it. Fine for him, but you can do both strength and cardio.
  • vvallentyne
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone!
  • einoleino
    einoleino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing calisthenics for about a year and definitely yayog is my app. You get get proper strength and fitness, trust me. Try the 10 week program, when you master the highest level you can always buy a weighted vest and increase the difficulty. Bodyweight or free weights, your muscles can't tell the difference :) on the other hand, bodyweight gives you core strenght and balance.
  • vvallentyne
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience! I think it is the way to go for me.