if you have home gym equipment, where is it?

Options

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    my basement never gets too hot in the summer or too cold in winter
  • hoecradle
    hoecradle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a 40x50 shop where I keep my stuff.
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Garage! Power rack, bench and weights.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    My treadmill sits behind my couch.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I use the cardio equipment at the gym. On my coffee table is a set of 10 and 15 pound barbells, a set of resistance bands and behind the sofa is a hula hoop. When I watch tv, I pick up something and work at it during the commercials.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    One of my kids recently left for college, we are using her room while she is away, have no idea where it will go when she is home lol
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have all of my workout equipment in the family room (treadmill, barbells, dumbbells and rack). I used to worry about how it would look but now I could give a hoot! Lol. My friends and family know that when they come over, we are all about working out and being healthy. I usually move them to the side of the room when not using them. My guests don't have a problem with it and I wouldn't care if they did. It's my house. :)

If we are hosting a formal event, I'd move it temporarily but for the most part, it stays. Also have squat racks in the garage. Good luck on getting yours setup! That's awesome they all want to do it!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love how enthusiastic you all are about it. I think it's going to have to go in with the TV for now. This can work...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    My weights are in a spare downstairs bedroom.
    Im considering a treadm which would have to go upstairs or a trainer for my bike so I can use it wherever in my apartment
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I guess I have an unpopular opinion! I wouldn't put exercise equipment in the living room or kitchen. That would look stupid. Sorry but no. If I buy equipment it's either going in the spare bedroom or the basement. But I am fortunate to have that extra space in my house. Garage is another option but my boyfriend takes up pretty much the whole 2 car garage with his tools and material. (Construction)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    My weights are in a spare downstairs bedroom.
    Im considering a treadm which would have to go upstairs or a trainer for my bike so I can use it wherever in my apartment
  • moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My exercise routines are based around programs on my playststion2/eyetoy camera, kinetics, groove and HipHopAbs with Sean T. These raise my heart rate enough. I use a finger device to monitor my pulse.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm spoiled and live in a huge house with plenty of extra room. We have a finished basement with 8 foot ceilings. The treadmill is in the main room of our basement since my husband likes to watch TV while running on it. All of the weight equipment is in a smaller room in the basement.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Basement FTW.

52522497578703419904.jpg
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Mine is in two rooms in the basement. Treadmill & bike is in the bigger room where the TV & DVD player and stereo is. I also do my DVD workouts there. The spare bedroom in the basement has the weight equipment.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I keep weights on the kitty climber since my cat died.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    the previous homeowner converted the one-car garage into a bedroom, long and narrow. Doesn't work as a bedroom, but works great for a workout room. No machines, only weights, with a bench and room for cardio via workout dvds on computer.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Basement FTW.

52522497578703419904.jpg

When I have my own house, I wanna set up the basement like this. Except trade the elliptical for a treadmill.

This is mine:

Except, my apartment flooded so they replaced the carpets and didn't put the mats down and punched a hole in the wall when they put the rack back lol

There are dumbbells in the room as well
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a spare bedroom where I have a Bowflex and a recumbent bike.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Small city apartment dweller here. My bike on a trainer is right in the living room, with my husband's bike living behind the couch (we keep mine out most of the time since we can both ride my bike, and his is too tall for me)

Most everything else is fairly small, since we do have a gym membership. But we keep exercise mats, hand weights, resistance bands, stepper, etc are usually left out, but we do store them behind a folding photo wall thing in one of our corners, just when people come over though so they don't trip over it.