Started middle of March....time to introduce myself!

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
Hello all MFP friends....I started this journey in March and have found that I am now addicted to this fabulous site! I tell EVERYONE about it!! I am a 33 yr old stay at home mom of 2 beautiful lil girls....51/2 yr old and 5 month old. I have been on a diet forever...losing.... gaining and starting over every damn monday!! I started to get "chunky" at age 9 and went thru many cycles of eating, bingeing, and starving myself!! I was always bigger than my friends.....34C and hips at age 14!! At age 24 I broke up with my boyfriend, who was an awesome cook ballooning me to 240lbs, and started Richard Simmons Food Mover and working out daily. I lost a lot in 2 months (2003) putting me at 185lbs, which on me at 5'6 1/2 looked awesome!! I then met my future hubby and left the healthy lifestyle behind me to going out for dinner and eating like he ate ( He has a super metabolism and can eat whatever...has been the same weight since I met him...gaining some with our 1st child)......I also worked at a doctors clinic where the drug reps fed us 5 course lunches everyday and we were constantly having potlucks and snacks!! So my weight climbed to 218lbs and this is what I weighed when I got married in 2004. I found out a week later I was pregnant...yes..that quick!! LOL! I gained a lot being pregnant.....at 37 weeks I was 260lbs...I delivered at 38 wks so who knows what I was really at!! The weight came off a lot at 1st...was down to 238lbs when baby #1 was 3 months old...then I started to gain staying between 240-250lbs for the next couple of yrs....I had breast reduction 2009 and felt I could tackle the exercise down and we purchased a treadmill! I was so gungho about losing the weight....I wanted to have another baby too...and not be so damn fat on top of gaining more weight! I got off BC pills and struggled for 1 whole year of not getting pregnant. I went to the doctor and he told me I had elevated cortisol levels...the hormone that is caused by stress and sent me to an Endocrinologist. She could not understand why I was elevated in pm and not in the am so basically told me "dont try to get pregnant cuz it won't happen and forget about losing weight until we can solve this problem...see ya in 6months." Well....I am a stubborn gal and went to the local Natural Food store and picked up some generic pill called " Corisol Lowering Pill".....started working out again and in 2 months lost got down to 228lbs and was pregnant!! Had baby #2 in december gaining more lbs up to 265lbs delivering again at 38wks. Here I am losing only 8lbs in 8 wks...I have to go get those pills again cuz the weight is hanging on to me!! I want to be back to 185lbs so I can be a healthy momma to my 2 lil angels! Not to mention look good next to my sexy hubby!! This is my journey start and hopefully someday soon I can add to the success stories!!

Stacey

Replies

• poesch77
    Options
    PS....would love some more inspiring pals too......drop me a message to tell me a lil about yourself!! Good luck in your weightloss ventures!!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd really love to motivate and be motivated so add me as a firend if you wish. I have three kids myself and have been up and down the scale many times before. I'm losing slowly -- around a pound a week, like you -- but I'm in no hurry. I've found that this time around, even though it's slower, I'm making meaningful changes that I'm sure I'll be able to maintain forever. In the past I was in a mad rush to get the weight off. I would lose it, feel like a diva for a few weeks/months and then just gain the weight back. I'm trying to be more conscious about what I'm doing -- I want to be healthier, but I don't want to deprive myself because I really don't think wieght loss should = suffering. It's all about control. I'm also trying to make exercise as big a part of my life as possible (I have three kids and a full time job, so it's not easy). Anyway, hope we can take the 'journey' together and good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • teena82
    teena82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have actually been using this site for a few weeks myself and just posted my first intro. I am also a stay at home mom and like you am struggling to reach my goal weight. Beautiful family BTW!:smile:
  • poesch77
    Options
    Thanks Teena.....I am on here several times a day....so addicting!!! I try to plan out my meals ahead of time.....can't believe how much sodium is in food!! No wonder I always feel bloated!! I work out on my treadmill 4-5 times per week after kids are a sleep....usually 25minutes on a severe incline...found this burns more calories in lil amount of time....I drink 64 oz of water almost everyday....I hope to be noticably slimmer by xmas!!! Glad to have ya for motivation!!

Stacey