Working on loving my body

Options
rseegert1
rseegert1 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have always been one to wish I had that perfect body (as I'm sure many many do), but my body type is not that flat stomach kind. I eat right and exercise as much as I can. I travel a lot so sometimes I don't, but I always eat right. I still have this little donut around my stomach. I wear jeans that fit me, but no matter what shirt I wear you can see my stomach. I'm now learning maybe this is just how I'm made, but how do I get confident in that? I'm just not sure how to get to where I'm happy bc I'm healthy and not unhappy because I don't have a flat tummy.

Replies

• sadie1carter2
    sadie1carter2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I try to avoid the "perfect," photoshopped/unhealthy images as much as I can. That means I watch a lot less TV and don't buy fashion mags, etc. I've found that when I've been more exposed to the Hollywood "every woman is a size 00 and has no body fat/cellulite/body hair/imperfections," I start to feel much more anxious about myself. We don't need those images in our heads! :(
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I would generally describe my body similarly, although for me it's a little bit of a stomach pooch combined with being a total block shape (even with abs :\ ). Clothes shopping is impossible.

I read this blog post from fitness/activewear model and runner Lauren Fleshman a lot. The pictures especially are really remarkable.

I'm not sure it helps me love my body, but it is a good reality check.