Secondhand Clothes

Options
Finally got to go and buy new second hand clothes today. Does anyone else do this and what kind of places do you go to ?

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I shop in charity shops, vintage shops and online on ebay all the time. Friends are always suprised by the bargains I get.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yard/garage sales, thrift/secondhand stores, and friends and realitves who are roughly the same size as me.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There are a few small independent thrift stores in my area that have high-end designer clothes, I'm so cheap, I wait for them to have sales (50% or more) and then go stock up. I started shopping at thrift stores during my losing phase, but still shop there cuz you can't beat the prices. I work in an office that requires business attire and I can't afford to drop $100+ on suits.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I love consignment shops. I'm able to take them clothes that I can no longer fit to try and sell, and I get to purchase pieces that actually fit. I was just there yesterday and purchased 2 pair of pants for $7. One of the best things about this shop is most of the clothing is higher-end designer clothes.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I went yesterday to a Salvation Army looking for dresses. She found two beautiful dresses for 5.99 each. Good Will is a good place, any used or consignment store is a great place to check. This is especially great when you're loosing weight and know you won't be that size for very long and don't want to spend much money on something. Most of these place do have dressing rooms, try on because most don't do returns. We have found some great things. Years ago, even found prom dresses a couple times for 10. dollars.
  • sadie1carter2
    sadie1carter2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you're on Facebook, see if there are local buy/sell groups on there... there are several Craigslist-like FB pages in my area.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good Will on Monday and Tuesday afternoons, they have put out the weekend stuff by then. My sister in laws and close friends trade around with each other too, when no one wants it it goes to donation.
  • loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I go to this thrift store and find all kinds of great deals! Hey you can't beat American Eagle jeans for under 6$. I once found these awesome leggings from White house Black market for 5$ and come to find out they were a $50 pair!