*7 Minute Motivation Challenge*

Options
Hello.

Feeling overwhelmed?

Don't know where to start?

Haven't exercised because of the other "stuff" you have to do?

If this is how you feel right now I challenge you to the following:

-Think of something you haven't been able to get to that you really want done. Anything.

-It may be: Not yet started, In Process or Almost Complete. Anything.

-Picture it. Do you have it?

-Regardless of whether you are picturing the end result, feeling overwhelmed as to how to begin or stuck somewhere in the middle, the next step is to take action and set things in motion. Any action.

-Now, stand up, sit up, open up, wake up...whatever).

-For real...get ready.

-Set your phone on Do Not Disturb.

-Set your timer to 7 minutes.

-Press start, put your phone down and take action towards getting that thing you pictured started, moved along or completed.

-It matters not what you do, only that you do it.

Love to hear if this works for you as it does for me! I use this when I have a lot to do. In order to chip away and stay focused on the immediate task, I set a timer for 7 minutes. I find that is enough time to at least start and get into action. When the timer goes off, if I want to continue I do until I feel like I don't want to be doing that anymore. Or, I reset the timer and switch to another task. I repeat this over and over, looping through my work, each time with renewed drive and sometimes fresh ideas from having a few minutes away.

Best to you!

~M.C. Turtle

Replies

• Totally just banged out dishes, laundry and writing letters to friends!
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Worked on my dissertation, which I haven't touched in a few weeks. I would actually keep going, but have to get ready for work. I am going to try this again this evening. Thanks:-)
  • I kept going! Shoveled driveway and car, unpacked from trip, organized weekend gathering!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, reminds me of Mindfulness meditation, helps you focus.
  • Will be doing this again in about an hour. Any one else in?
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Me! I got my books in order. :smiley:
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I starred this and will be participating. I like this. :)
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Omg love!!!! Getting out of bed and going to do this. Ready set go!!.
  • I'll be doing this today after a few days of hosting relatives. Need to get things in order again! Join in and get stuff done!