post c-section tummy

Options
Hi. Looking for some positive success stories about your post c-section overhanging tummies. Did you manage to get rid of it? How long did you have yours? How did you get rid of it? Can you do sit ups after six week check? I'm 3 weeks post c-section and it's really getting me down. I've always had a rummy but this is different as it hangs down and I gate it.

Replies

• kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    kdrew11 wrote: »
    Hi. Looking for some positive success stories about your post c-section overhanging tummies. Did you manage to get rid of it? How long did you have yours? How did you get rid of it? Can you do sit ups after six week check? I'm 3 weeks post c-section and it's really getting me down. I've always had a rummy but this is different as it hangs down and I gate it.

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I've had 5 c-sections and I'm now ready to try something. Following for suggestions and success stories. I've heard from a friend and my trainer that planks is what is needed.
  • kdrew11
    Options
    That was 'tummy' and 'hate' it btw!
  • kdrew11
    Options
    5! Wow! You're a braver woman than me. Mine was emergency and was petrified as ridiculously squeamish. Turns out the recovery (and infection) has been way worse to deal with than the op itself. Has made me miserable with the pain, not being able to pick up my toddler, relying on everyone else and of course my hideous belly! Don't get me wrong my lb is gorgeous and I'd rather deal with all this for him than not have him but it has really been getting me down and want my life back and a normal tummy. Not worried so much about the weight gain as I can deal with that whenever, it's just the shape of it.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I've had 3. I'm still working on it. :\
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Three here too and still working on it.
  • jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 C-sections, as well as an emergency surgery after the first C-section so effectively I've had 3 C-sections! anyway, I would also be interested in success stories in this area!
  • nikkipage714
    nikkipage714 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I've had 2 c sections and I'm just now getting my belly to where I can see some definition. Wanted to throw in a positive comment on here to motivate you...that it is possible! I didn't start seeing a difference until I changed my goals: instead of just restricting calories to lose weight, I am just doing some strength training 3 times per week and keep my calories between 1500-1600 with about 30%carbs and at least 100 grams of protein per day.
  • nikkipage714
    nikkipage714 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    But what has really helped my abs the most: is ankle weights!! Mine are just 1.5 pound each but having those on while doing bicycle crunches has been what's helped my pooch the most.
  • mermer315
    mermer315 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress, but it does take time. The only thing that helped me after my 2nd c-section was running and planks. I'm working on my tummy again after surgery #3. I've been back to running about 2 months and I'm starting to see the difference. I know it will be never be perfect, but if I can just get rid of that "shelf" a little bit, I'll be happy.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am interested in success stories too, I had 2 C's and the last one was 11 years ago so I've been carrying this huge flap around for years. I feel like I need to loose a lot more overall weight before I can see a big difference. After 37 lbs gone its slightly less to grab but I have this awful feeling it will be the last thing to go. I have 100 more pounds to loose.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested in success stories I've had two c sections and my last one was two years ago I weigh 200 lbs and stand at 5 6 I'mok with the weight I just cannot stand that all my weight is in my tummy I seriously look 3 or 4 months prego I hate it I've been working out a lot and keeping track of calories currently I eat between 1200 and 1300 calories a day I've lost ten lbs this month it is great I keep seeing more and more come off first two weeks I lost 4 lbs a week the next two weeks I lost two lbs a week its a slow process but if you follow the calorie counting and try to get some workouts in it will happen good luck ladies
  • dawncarver3
    Options
    I had two c sections the last was 15 years ago. That damn flap is still here but, I am still over weight. It has gotten smaller and that makes me happy. As you start exercising be careful using the ab machines. We have one at my gym that is awesome but, it pulls on my scar tissue and makes me hurt. I don't use it anymore. Don't forget that this is a special time with your baby, savior it. It took you nine months to make the "shelf" it will take a while to get ride of it.
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    & to think i was the only one in this boat.... Three beautiful. & healthy kids but yet my tummy looks hideous not to mention yes I'm over weight. Thanks nikkipage for the great advice I'll have to invest in some ankle weights.
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Goofydee, you are definitely NOT the only one in this boat. I've had 3, the last was 8 months ago and I'd like to start getting rid of my shelf too. Thanks for all the tips.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mine was 14 years ago. I'm more thin and fit now than I've ever been, yet that flap, or "mother's apron," as I've heard it called, is still there. It's quite small now but in my case, at least, I think surgery is the only thing that would make it go away completely. I've come to love it, though. It's a badge of honor and a reminder of the early days with my sweet little baby girl, who is now as tall as me and about to go to high school.
  • Mommaannie2510
    Mommaannie2510 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I too have had two c sections. After my first son Was born I had the flap or shelf is what I like to call it. It wasn't like it is now after my second c section. It's much worse after the second baby. More saggy!

After my first c section I lost about 31 pounds and my shelf went almost away. I was running a ton and lifting weight and my tummy toned up and looked good enough for me to wear a bikini. I got pregnant again when my first son was one and I thought since I lost the weight and I was very active my second pregnancy It wouldn't be as bad after. But I still got it! I hate it too but I just try to remember that I have two beautiful boys and it took me four years to get my first son here. I love hearing from other moms who have had c sections.

I saw a plastic surgeon and he said the only way for me to get completely rid of it was a tummy tuck bc the skin. So one day. Until now I'm losing weight and hoping it will shrink!