Care to share your favorite product, tip, food, etc. that has helped you with your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• libbyreinhart
    Options
    Green Giant Steamer Green Bean Casarole . It's low calorie low carb and feeling. Has lots of flavor. Makes a great lunch.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Moderation in food and plenty of exercise.
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    chesves wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but for me, my weight loss journey has had me reading a lot more labels and paying more attention to what I'm eating. :) In this process, I've had a couple of "a-ha" moments and excitement for items that I can eat. I'm curious to read what you've found ....

Here are some of my products I've found that have helped me .....
    *dried edamame snack packs (100 calories, 11 grams of protein)
    *powdered peanut butter (never knew it existed)-- I like the PB2 kind ....
    *mushrooms (can/jar)-- I LOVE mushrooms ... I feel like I'm "cheating" when I snack on those
    *Babel light cheese chunks -- 50 calories each

What have you found that works for you?
    Reading labels for me too, absolutely!
    I've replaced all of my drinks with water.
    Not eating mammals/meat, replacing with fish or tofu or beans (also eat meat substitutes & hummus)
    Eating quinoa and mushrooms!!!
    Cutting out refined sugar.
    Upping my fruit and veggie intake!
    Focusing on whole foods! An Apple every day, etc, etc

I've lost 15 pounds since January second!! The water was th hardest. Everything else was pretty easy.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MFP for sure; my food scale to portion foods. Evidently I suck at figuring out what a portion is by eyeballing it. Eating moderate carbs, more protein and fat so I'm not hungry. 42lbs. gone over a year -- but I'm old, so there's that. Exercising -- I don't hate it so much anymore, I just schedule it like a doctor's appointment. Determination, consistency. Education myself about nutrition. Using a heart rate monitor and pedometer to figure out exercise calorie burns.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    MFP, my food scale, and FitnessBlender on YouTube.
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    -My food scale
    -My bathroom scale which measures weight, bf% and h2o%-it's much more informative and helps give me a more in-depth look at where I am.
    -Whey protein to help meet daily intake goals
    -I leave my fruit and veggies on the counter so they're front and center whenever I want a snack.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The best healthy foods to keep on hand are the ones that cater to your habits and get eaten, and the best motivators are the ones that get you to keep going. Perfect is the enemy of good. The price difference between in and out of season veggies is often greater than the difference between regular price and sale meats, so sometimes meat is the less money saving thing to store.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    corgicake wrote: »
    Perfect is the enemy of good. .

Love this!
  • Emmey56
    Emmey56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with most people on here. My food scale has been the best tool for me. I weigh everything before I eat it. Also an 8oz liquid measuring cup, I pretty much just drink water, coffee and tea but when I want a glass of wine it's come in handy to know what an actual serving size is
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    MFP
    Fitbit
    Coconut oil
    Chia seeds
    Veggie Protein Powder
    Cashew Milk
    Free weights
    Good shoes
    pandora
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I'd move to make an addendum.

Perfect is the enemy of success.

Consistency is the purveyor.
  • amaradasiva
    amaradasiva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low-cal salad dressings! I thought I was doing so great eating salad all the time, but the dressing I was using was like 130cal for two tablespoons - not even something obviously sinful like Caesar or Ranch, this was Italian!

Turns out there are tons of delicious salad dressings for 30-45 cals per 2tbsp serving, like Newman's Own Lite salad dressings (I like the Sesame Ginger for 35cals/2tbsp) and I love the Kraft Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette as well (30cals/2tbsp). I've found that 1 tbsp per cup of salad is really all I need - and it's amazing how much a cup of salad actually is!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    MFP
    Atkins (not the bars or frozen meals, just the original version of his book)
    Tight jeans (I can lie to myself about the scale, but if the jeans don't zip, I must not quit!)
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder shakes for snacks.......its great when ur stomach is grumbling in between meals
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I'd move to make an addendum.

Perfect is the enemy of success.

Consistency is the purveyor.

giphy.gif
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ooh, I also thought of Greek yogurt, dark chocolate squares (portioned out two at a time), low sodium roast beef, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
  • malinscholt
    malinscholt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    chesves wrote: »
    I meant to add I found a light popcorn bag ... the entire bag is under 60 calories! :)

Which popcorn is this
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Measuring cups and kitchen scale - proper portion sizing is 50% of the battle!
    Lowfat cottage cheese
    Reduced sugar instant oatmeal
    Egg whites
    Taking 130-140 cal bags of Baked Lay's to fast food restaurants to sub for fries.
    Cutting all my meals in half at sit down restaurants before eating them.
    Egg whites on 100 cal English muffins w/Canadian bacon and 55 cals of shredded cheddar cheese. I eat two of these for breakfast on the weekends and they have less than 400 cals. Very tasty and filling.
    Dark chocolate squares, chocolate chips, and mini sized candy bars
    90/10 ground beef
    Pork loin
    Turkey burgers
    Carefully looking at the calorie content of items before purchasing them. I always try to go with the lowest calorie count with the highest protein content, when possible.
    Not going back for seconds
    I don't like coffee, but I drink a lot of it (black or artificially sweetened) because it is filling and free
    Diet soda
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Here's mine
    Quaker maple and brown surgery lower surger oatmeal 1 packet is only 120 calories

South beach diet 100 calorie snack bar the caramel chocolate one taste awesome

Protein cherries oats and honey

And 97% fat free ham I use Walmart brand very tasty and only 30 calories a slice

Or 97% fat free turkey walmart brand too only 25 calories a slice

Hope this helps